The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
S&S Cycle
Biltwell
Lowbrow Customs
BIKE BUILDER

Fix My Hog

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2008
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
bs883 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do with turn signals?

I'm having a dilemma, and I hope you all can offer some suggestions/insight.

When I bought my bike, it already had mini bullet LED turn signals on the rear. Up front, it still has the big OEM turn signals (the ones before Deuce style). Here's my problem. I like the light that the big front signals put out as running lights, but I'd something smaller to match the rear signals in size, without breaking the bank. What should I do? Could I find some take-off Deuce style signals and mount them all around? :
Old 6th May 2008
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1986
jason43 will become famous soon enoughjason43 will become famous soon enoughjason43 will become famous soon enoughjason43 will become famous soon enoughjason43 will become famous soon enoughjason43 will become famous soon enough

I'd just ante up for some LED's for the front. You can find them around for not too much. They put out a lot of light and last forever too.

I have a full set of OEM ones, you would have to run wires into them if you're interested. I realized my flashers were dead the night before I was taking it to get it inspected, and since I was going to replace them anyway with something smaller, I just took them off. In VA if the bike has them on, they have to work... but if you take them off, it is fine. Pretty retarded, and now I'm kinda liking not having them... might not put new ones on at all...
Old 6th May 2008
Biker

I've looked, and I can't find any matching signals for the front that will mount up correctly. I've only found ones that have the wires running through a hollow bolt. Any ideas?

Last edited by bs883; 6th May 2008 at 22:05..
Old 7th May 2008
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 92
Other Motorcycle Model: Road Star
Other Motorcycle Year: 2001
slatroni will become famous soon enoughslatroni will become famous soon enoughslatroni will become famous soon enoughslatroni will become famous soon enoughslatroni will become famous soon enoughslatroni will become famous soon enough

I have those bullet blinkers on my big bike. I used a fork mount, one that clamps to the fork like clipon bars. I removed the socket and wires and drilled a small hole in the housing of the blinker. I inserted a grommet and ran my wires out through the grommeted hole. then mounted them with some stainless fasteners.... message me with your email if ya need a pic!
Steve
Old 7th May 2008
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatroni View Post
I have those bullet blinkers on my big bike. I used a fork mount, one that clamps to the fork like clipon bars. I removed the socket and wires and drilled a small hole in the housing of the blinker. I inserted a grommet and ran my wires out through the grommeted hole. then mounted them with some stainless fasteners.... message me with your email if ya need a pic!
Steve
You've got a PM.

Also, are the front signals you have dual element LED? Do you use them as running lights and blinkers?

Last edited by bs883; 7th May 2008 at 05:01..
Know Thy Hog

Old 7th May 2008
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
scott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the roughscott494 is a jewel in the rough

where you at in Western ky? way off topic just thought id ask, i had the same problem so i jsut took off the front ones all together

D-WAS MAFIA President
Offical Member #1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 7th May 2008
Biker

I'm in Providence. About an hour North of Ft. Campbell.

I've thought about just removing the fronts, but I like the added light they throw down on the road at night. I almost hate the idea of shelling out $60-70 for a pair of mini LED signals though. Maybe once I see how slatroni's setup looks, I'll make a decision.