The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
BIKE BUILDER
Energy One Clutches
Lowbrow Customs
Burly

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2008
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH883 DELUXE
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
Other Motorcycle Model: suzuki intruder vl250
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
RocchenRolle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cylinders question , please help

i found a pair of 883 cilinders at low cost but are they always the same for the whole EVO serie of sporty ??? thanks
Old 11th June 2008
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1200 CUSTOM
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
hrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of lighthrg is a glorious beacon of light

cylinders for evolution sportster from 1986 till 2003 models are same, but rubbermounts may have different cylinders and maybe bigger cooling fins
Old 11th June 2008
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R 90+HP
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 2276cc VW sandrail
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1976
misterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of light

I believe that is the main difference between the 04 cylinders and the pre 04 is the cooling fins they should be interchangeable as well. I know from reading numerous threads on here that the same Axtell 1250 kits are used on both so there can't be much of a difference.
04 1200R 90+HP/10.5-1 SE pistons/.536 cams/Heads by MR T/mikuni HSR 42 w/25 pilot, 96 needle, 170 main/TC88A ignition w turbotas mod 33 map pos.4/ Supertrapp 2-1 w 23 disks/ 28T FRONT PULLEY /NRHS Hurricane A/C & adj. pushrods /progressive 440 shocks & fork springs w/10 OZ SE fork oil
Old 14th June 2008
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH883 DELUXE
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
Other Motorcycle Model: suzuki intruder vl250
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
RocchenRolle is an unknown quantity at this point

i tried to see differences in the pics online but... they really look the same kind of cylinder... i asked this to a seller says about the conversion kit that are 2 different models, but when i asked wich are the differences he answered "sincerly i don't know... i never seen them in comparision"
i really hope they're more than similar
Old 14th June 2008
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Night Train
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
WinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enough

I put 04 883 cylinder bored out to 1200 on my 02 sportster I had. The fit is the same just 04 cylinders has larger cooling fins.
09 Dyna Street Bob
Know Thy Hog