The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion > Off-Topic Archive
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic Archive This is where old posts that are worthy of saving are held. Many Off-Topic posts will be deleted but the best will be kept here.

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
Biltwell
Ironworks Magazine
Figure Machine
Licks Holiday

Figure Machine
View Poll Results: Do you wear Harley-Davidson T-Shirts?
Yes 538 79.47%
No 139 20.53%
Voters: 677. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHTCU
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
txsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished road
Question Harley T-Shirts

OK, there has been a bit of talk here about HD T-shirts on different Threads.
Just wondering how many people here wear HD shirts and how many don't??

My Self, Yes I do wear them!!! I have quite a few!! I collect them from places I've been and a couple from places that I haven't been, those have been sent to me from people that I know!!
Old 4th February 2005
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
883Hugger is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 3 Harley t-shirts. I only get ones I really like.
Old 4th February 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough

I have a few, including my HOG rally shirt. It's one more thing I can collect...
Old 4th February 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Custom 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
collinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura about

Wow! Wowie Wow Wow! 100% so far! That is incredible! Oh, only a few postings!

Anywho, I spend most of my wages on Harley-D T-shirts, buckles and boots. When I cruise by big plate glass windows and catch a glimpse of myself wearing my Harley shirt, I really look good. However, it's not to say I don't look good with my shirt off. I do, but I like to wear my Harley shirts because people will envy me both on and off my bike.

When ever I'm walking through a store or a park, or sitting in my church pew, quite often the little ladies will say, "Hey, mister, I really like your Harley motorcycle shirt. It is really colorful and you look very manly in it!" Some times such compliments embarrass me, but I usually reply with a modest, "oh, I suppose I do!"

However, sometimes, and it's usually a jealous boyfriend, will come up to me and say, "Hey bub, you think your pretty tough wearing that stupid Harley shirt. Maybe I ought to bop you in your nose!" I always apologize for offending them with my choice of wearing apparel, and then I punch them in the head. Some folks are just bad people!

Anyway, I wear my Harley shirts to show I am a great Harley fan and a great American!

Billy
Yo momma!
Old 4th February 2005
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: FXRS-SP
Sportster/Buell Year: 86
Other Motorcycle Model: wla flathead45
Other Motorcycle Year: 1945
flathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant futureflathead45 has a brilliant future

all I own are hd tshirts, well I do have one t thats not hd its skeletons in all sorts of differant sex positions , but everything else says hd on it
thank god for darwin
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th February 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1974 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 74
74FeHeadXLH has disabled reputation

Damn the poll sure does'nt reflect all the negative vibes Harley t-shirts and stickers were getting a while ago....I wear my HD tee's often and most of them arent even from the state I live in now, and a hand full the country.....Mike 74xlh
Old 4th February 2005
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
chipdog4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wear them as often as I can. I always catch people staring, especially when I wear my Harley coat, mainly because I look like I don't own one. I think the guys that stare ride the crotch rockets and are intimidated and the chicks that stare are usually sorority sluts.

My favorite experience was this old bag of shit at the factory I work at during the summers. He said "people are going to think you gotta harley wearing those shirts all the time." He looked at me stupidly when I said that's the plan.

The good thing is you make a ton of friends when you wear one. I've actually made some connections with some guys at a couple different places for when I graduate school.
Old 4th February 2005
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
ESCOBAR is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah man i think half my wardrobe is hd shirts and then i get from the wife you got another one? and i said yup! see i travel alot and i get the ones i like best, i am very particular the only kind i get have to have the hd bar & shield on the uper left or a pocket tee and any solid color i'm not into the tie die or any thing with eagles in short gimmmie a plain front with a badd ass back print! i also get the looks chipdog4 when i wear my coat also, seeing as how i do not look like the typical harley rider, me personaly think my jacket is she shit it's the harley spped jacket, you know the one that looks like a race jacket

ok i'm done for now there was my 2 cents

ESCO
Old 4th February 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200c (wife's)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KX500 (2-stroke)
Other Motorcycle Year: 1993
NMdesertrider has disabled reputation

I have somewhere around 7 or 10 harley shirts. Most of them were given to me by other people. I like wearing them. I look fairly young and I know a lot of people look at me and think "yeah right, that kid doesn't ride a Harley" but many of them don't have the balls to come up to me and ask. I guess it's a sense of pride.

I also like the attitude I get when I go into crotch rocket shops wearing a Harley shirt. It's ironic that they give me the attitude because they think I am going to give them s t for being SQUIDs.

Not to mention my Harley t-shirts are the only t-shirts I have that aren't too offensive/ratty/evil to wear to work.
Old 4th February 2005
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883XL
Willard has disabled reputation

Been wearing H-D shirts for 32 years . . .
Most of the ones I've collected have
"Sportster" on the front of them . . .
Know Thy Hog