The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Health and Fitness
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Health and Fitness Here you can post and discuss health and fitness.

Members Birthdays
Cadrien, boyett (64), gulp2000a (60), soulshaker (51), eddien (44), sfxtech (36), 61Comet (36), Rix (35)
S&S Cycle
Progressive Suspension
DK Customs
Get Lowered

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2008
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: gone
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Quebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feeling a little depressed.

I'm feeling a little depressed these days with a side of fear and some nostalgia.
And I absolutely know why.
And I also know it's no big deal. But, it's bugging me anyway.

I have only a month left in my thirties.
A month from today I will be 40 and, honestly, it's bothering me a little.
Old 24th June 2008
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
humgums has disabled reputation

40 is nothing. Before you know it, you'll be 60 and 40 will look great!
Old 24th June 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Moved On / My Own Choice has disabled reputation

Forty was just this past december for me - felt a little wierd, especially with my wife still in her 20s and a lot of her friends just breaking into the 30s, but ya know what? It's no big deal.

You're only as old as the women with whom you sleep.

Old 24th June 2008
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
AOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura about

I'm turning 40 next month too - apparently before you! I heard 40 is the new 39 so I'm not even gonna blink when it comes. I find I'm really in a good spot now with my wife and kids, and I've got my health, my home, my job, and money in the bank and I'm just thankful to be where I am. I could not care less what the calendar says.
Old 24th June 2008
Red Beard Cycles

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH-1208
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post
Forty was just this past december for me - felt a little wierd, especially with my wife still in her 20s and a lot of her friends just breaking into the 30s, but ya know what? It's no big deal.

You're only as old as the women with whom you sleep.

Thats almost exactly what my wife says..

"You're only as old as the women you feel "

I've said this since High School (dated much older women at the time)

AGE is only a Number
Maturity comes from Experience
Youth Comes from the Heart.

States I've Ridden in

71.3 hp 70.8 tq

1208cc 11.09:1 (Wiseco 10° Dome 10.5:1 .010 over) ,Screamin Eagle Dual Plug Heads (10° 61cc), Original SE A/C, Vance & Hines Straight Shots w/ Custom Baffles. SE 6800 ign, Dual BREMBO brakes/ Pirelli Night Dragon MU85-16 Rear - 100/90-19 Front. Progressive Springs & 412 HD 13½" Chrome Shocks, 5½" pullback riser w/ "reddtigger mount", Stebel Nautilus Compact Air horn, Mustang Vintage Super Wide Touring Seat, Alto Carbonite Clutch
Know Thy Hog

Old 24th June 2008

Sportster/Buell Model: Gone...
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: The Beast (M109R)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
snowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud of

It will pass quickly...

Then you'll have ten years to worry about turning 50...

***RIP***
--Mr. JIMI
--JOHNNY G
--BryanEOD
Old 24th June 2008
Flat Track Champion

turn8a has disabled reputation

Im 48 and looking forward to getting older , it beats the alternative just think of all your buddies that did not make the 40 mark just except it and grow old graciously I think it is kinda cool.
Old 24th June 2008
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
gomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant futuregomorley has a brilliant future

I always said it was an uphill struggle to my 40th and after that I eased off and just cruised
Old 24th June 2008

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough

Congrats on making 40 you have earned all those years so be proud of what you have obtained.
Old 24th June 2008
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 C Black & Silver
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Mr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Quebeker, wait till ya get my age with the pains and sore joints I have , your doing fine,
enjoy the ride and thanks for you know what
You'll be just fine
Making a F-550 Pick Up Thread
We are not near but we are close !
Amanda Overmyer Rocks !!
Dear Eliot
Eye Xray Here
Know Thy Hog