The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
DK Customs
RYCA Motors
DK Customs
Ironworks Magazine

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2008
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Hecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really nice
Default Will it ever end?...

I seem to have a case of upgradeitus.
Here are some pics with new mirrors and rack

Old 25th June 2008
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
toe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to behold

It slows down, but never really ends............

The Only Y2K dual-set 883C
So Cal
Old 25th June 2008
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Nightster
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Vulcan 700
Other Motorcycle Year: 1985
fireman41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the view like out of those mirros because I was looking at getting the same ones. Nice looking bike.
Old 25th June 2008
Chief Harley Engineer

Hecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really niceHecklerboy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman41 View Post
Whats the view like out of those mirros because I was looking at getting the same ones. Nice looking bike.
I was actually suprised with the view. I can see really well. Of course not as much as the stock mirrors, but I can easily see the traffic behind me. The glass is convex making it easier to see. It takes a little time to get them adjust just right, but after a couple of rides I've got them dailed in. Besides, who cares about safety when they look so damn good.
Old 25th June 2008
Known Troublemaker !

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
milmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant future

Thats right Harley riding is not about safety Dude, Its about BEING COOL !!!

Bike is looking Great !!
How to Check the Diaphragm! : Diaphragm_Test
REPLACING INTAKE/CARB SEALS:Replacing Intake Seals
MAINTENANCE INFO 04-06 : HANDY REFFERENCE

My futile attempt at Blogging: http://toolstolivewith.blogspot.com/

:
Know Thy Hog

Old 25th June 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1150R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
bigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to all

What, people can actual use their mirrors? Mine vibrate so bad I just turn my head
Old 25th June 2008
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1967
V-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the roughV-XL is a jewel in the rough

huhh.... added chrome to a nightster, you should be ashamed!

j.k. bike looks sharp! if those are the demon cycle mirrors you will want to take them apart and add locktite to all of the threads and make them a little tighter then when you got them. mine always loosened up just enough for the wind to keep moving them.

----- CTFS -----
Old 25th June 2008
Chief Harley Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-XL View Post
huhh.... added chrome to a nightster, you should be ashamed!

j.k. bike looks sharp! if those are the demon cycle mirrors you will want to take them apart and add locktite to all of the threads and make them a little tighter then when you got them. mine always loosened up just enough for the wind to keep moving them.
Arlen Ness mirrors and yes I thought the same thing about the chrome rack.
I'm still deciding if I should paint it black.

They actually rattle less than the stock mirrors. Once you have them adjusted you can tighten them down so they won't move or vibrate.
Old 25th June 2008
Greasemonkey

Badgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really nice

Good mods...really like second photo, excelent shot.
Old 25th June 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Takingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of light

It's nice when someone takes the time ti ride out and get a better backdrop for the picture then a garage.

You seem to be doing a fine job here, Harley's are made like a sculptor's marble block, just asking to be redone and shaped to you.
Know Thy Hog