The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 2  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage Here is where you post discussions about seating and luggage

Members Birthdays
Superbrace.com
Fix My Hog
RYCA Motors
Lowbrow Customs

Lickscycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2006
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough
Default Harley reach seat

Has anyone out there ever tried the Harley solo reach seat?
Old 13th May 2006
Biker

Moved On is an unknown quantity at this point

I have one that Phantom gave me last fall. It's a real comfy seat softness wise, but it pushes me too far forward. I'm 6'2" and it threw off the angle that my legs came into the forward controls. I could have adjusted the forwards, but I put the seat on the shelf for a while and haven't gotten it back out yet this spring.

It's a great seat for a shorter person. It's not bad if you're taller and don't mind sitting real far forward. It's real comfy in the behind (although I haven't tried it on an all day ride, but it would definately be better than the stock pillow that I've done a lot of long days on.

Gazza
Old 13th May 2006
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough

Thanks a lot. I'm 5'6" and I'm trying to find a seat that will bring me closer to the controls. Thinking about the Corbin Close but that cost over $300.
Old 14th May 2006
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: Vespa and Suzuki
cphilip is an unknown quantity at this point

You might try picking up one of the Stock Solo seats off someones Low Model. These sit you an inch forward of most seats. I see them on eBay for 50 bucks from time to time. Sometimes less. Make sure its from a "Low" model.

Proudly riding my Red Girl's bike! :p
Old 14th May 2006
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH Lo 1200 conv.
Sportster/Buell Year: 1989
Big_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really niceBig_Baazzoo is just really nice

Go for the corbin. Worth every penny.

Old 14th May 2006
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Victory High-Ball
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
Roadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura about

My mom has a reach solo on her 1200C, moved her forward about 2 full inches, before i didnt think it would be safe for her to ride it, now its perfect. Its cramped for me at 6'0".
Old 24th May 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Kleck is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a reach seat on my '04 Custom, only 900 miles (200 by me). It came with the bike when I purchased it, and am looking for a new one. I love the comfort for my rear, but it puts me closer to the controls than my knees would like (I'm 5'11"). The other thing I don't like about the seat is on fast takeoffs. The top of my arse slides off the back.

I'll probably be getting a new seat soon, and when I do, I will be selling the reach on ebay.
Old 24th May 2006
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
883rnh will become famous soon enough883rnh will become famous soon enough883rnh will become famous soon enough883rnh will become famous soon enough883rnh will become famous soon enough883rnh will become famous soon enough883rnh will become famous soon enough883rnh will become famous soon enough

I used one last year. It was OK. I put back on the stock 2 up . It has more padding and works for me a little bit more then the reach seat. I do have the reach seat up for sale.