The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
jenks60 (59), Hammer of God (53), billas 100th (50), sam19 (49), ivory hunter (46), cumnz (45), TJ Willy (41), SINdicated (35), XRavenX (32)
Bison Motorsports
Sky Smith Insurance
Lowbrow Customs
Dead Creek Cycles

Fix My Hog

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
dcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished roaddcharding is on a distinguished road

Another + for SimiChrome. Best stuff in the world for Al. Ace hardware lists it on their web site, and some retails have it on the shelf.
SE Fork Brace / Ricor Intiminators / WB Hybrids
Old 8th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
vindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nicevindog is just really nice

I should have bought stock in it before I started recommending it! Glad you all like the stuff.
Old 28th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: Guzzi lemans
Other Motorcycle Year: 1976
Guzzi850 is an unknown quantity at this point

S-100, works great
Old 2nd May 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda Scrambler
Other Motorcycle Year: 65
dave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nicedave1200R is just really nice
Default clean with WD-40

wet a rag with it and wipe the whole bike down. it's also the trick to keeping the frame and engine as clean as new.
Old 10th May 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Yamaha
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Aces is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm lazy doing it.
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th June 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
shabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the roughshabalaihui is a jewel in the rough

I have slotted 6 spokes wheel, polished aluminum and textured black surface, can I use 3M car aluminum rim cleaner to spray on this kind of mixed surface? will it damage textured surface?
Old 3rd July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
oupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb View Post
LESS DIRT MEANS BETTER AERODYNAMICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't the myth busters disprove that? While a clean bike is an anomoly under my butt, I do like the spray on / hose off chrome wheel cleaners. Otherwise my laced wheels would never be remotely clean. I bought a bottle of "mother's" brand on sale at auto zone a couple weeks ago for like four bucks.
Old 26th July 2012
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
shooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to all

ALRIGHT,HERE GOES,
you can't go to the carwash cold right?while it might be a little contracting to put water on hot metal engines of cars and trucks and bikes can take it,otherwise we would not be able to run into a rain or snow storm some times we might have ford a storm caused creek or puddle,so wash it with a good spray of water and don't stress about it.s-100 and water ,some vehicles have parts that are suseptable but most bikes can take it.Toyota landcruiser's[the old fj's] for instance ,one of thier few problems is the stock exhaust manifold is cast iron and made too thin they are almost alway's cracked,so four wheeler's who are luckyenough to have one buy aftermarket headers,similar to bike exhausts just more pipes wallah! no more problems .water in the oily stuff inside the engine! no good!if you happen to go in deep water[up to the cases]as soon as you can change oil ,you don't much have to worry otherwise bikes are fairly waterproof.combustion chambers actually like a LITTLE water when running,it cleans em'up ,you ever notice if you ride in the rain an engine runs really good?If you don't like the idea of cold water,buy a steam jenny!
Old 28th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
SportyLou has a spectacular aura aboutSportyLou has a spectacular aura aboutSportyLou has a spectacular aura aboutSportyLou has a spectacular aura aboutSportyLou has a spectacular aura aboutSportyLou has a spectacular aura aboutSportyLou has a spectacular aura aboutSportyLou has a spectacular aura aboutSportyLou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi850 View Post
S-100, works great
x2 Never have an issue getting anything off with that stuff..
Old 28th July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
ridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of lightridinfool is a glorious beacon of light

Simichrome may be good stuff, but for 26 bucks a can I'd use good ol Brasso for my chrome...it did the job on my military badges and does a great job on my chrome...you can get a bottle for about 3 bucks..

If you feel right about something, than go for it...if you go for it, then you feel right
Eat...Poop...Play.....Sleep....Repeat....
Know Thy Hog