The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Energy One Clutches
Lowbrow Customs
Biltwell
Lowbrow Customs

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1972
zakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to beholdzakk1775 is a splendid one to behold

I learned that sometimes inmates scream and yell just to get other inmates worked up into doing the same all in an effort to pass time
Old 14th April 2012
outside the box racing

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1350 XLSR
Sportster/Buell Year: 99
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Turbo 1350 XLDS project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: 883->1330 dragster
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

i learned how much i didn't know about how to make a seat.

i mean actually craft a seat that you can sit on, not the fiberglass pan with some padding on it so you don't crush your nuts on a pothole.

you really only need to pad where YOUR assbones, the ones at the top of your femurs, are.

you don't need to and likely won't want to have padding all the way across, this lets your tailbone and junk have a bit of relief and cooling.

i also learned that discarding the idea of a really lean mean looking seat in the interest of providing lumbar support is easy once you ride a pothole on a mean lean looking seat..

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

TGB #8
#1999 1350 APS-PBG AMA/USFRA current
Old 14th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: gone
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Quebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond repute

I learned that Lucas now recognizes me, get all excited and screams "Daddy, Daddy!" before Im out of the truck when I pick him up at the babysitter after I've been gone for 7 days.

I also learned that if I ask him "Where's my kiss?" he will lean in towards me and wait for a kiss. And if I ask "Where's my cuddle?", he will hug me and gently tap the top of my head.

I learned that learning that for a second time (Eva-Mae did the same when she was a baby) still makes me tear up.
Old 14th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1968
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1991
Other Motorcycle Model: Chopped Shovel
Other Motorcycle Year: 1978
sunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud of

I learned that you should not have a curious rottweiller in a motorhome during the event of getting it on with your wife.

A cold nose in your arse at the wrong moment kills the mood completely.
Old 14th April 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200cc
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
redi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud of

My wifes home business Scentsy is turning out to be much bigger than expected...

Old 14th April 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Sport XL1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Fatboy 1450 FLSTFI
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KDX125sr
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
Big-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchild2071 View Post
I learned that you should not have a curious rottweiller in a motorhome during the event of getting it on with your wife.

A cold nose in your arse at the wrong moment kills the mood completely.
My fiancee & mines dog has done the same, a cold wet nose kinda kills the mood...
1998 XL1200S - Harley 2-1 fitted with V&H SS2R, SE race ignition (7500rpm) with matched SE coil, SE yellow leads, NGK Iridium spark plugs, NRHS HurricaneFlow 3" centre hamcan filter, usual 'S' engine internals (w-grind cams, flat top pistons & 10:1 higher comp twin plug heads), SE heavier clutch spring. Soon to have SE 42mm hsr mikuni carb..
Old 14th April 2012
Harley Engineer

Location: Rochester, Wa. between mountains, rivers, and ocean
Sportster/Buell Model: 1200n
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
mes is on a distinguished roadmes is on a distinguished roadmes is on a distinguished roadmes is on a distinguished roadmes is on a distinguished road

Nothing x 2
Old 14th April 2012
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 S/ sold
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki M109R/ totaled
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
wilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant future

Learned I can ride three hours in the rain without rain gear.....
Old 14th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Baphomet has disabled reputation

I learned I need to consider drinking again ...
Quote:
There is good news for beer lovers this week. According to a new study, drinking alcohol might actually help with problem solving.
University of Illinois at Chicago cognitive psychologist Jennifer Wiley said alcohol enhances creative problem solving by reducing our ability to focus our attention, according to a report by The Federation of Associations in Behavioral & Brain Scienc-es, or FABBS.
Essentially, a moderate amount of alcohol before a test proved to improve people's creative problem solving abilities, thus, enabling them to do better.
"Working memory capacity is considered the ability to control one's attention," according to Wiley. "It's the ability to remember one thing while you're thinking about something else." In the past, scientists have found that increased working memory capacity, or better attention control usually leads to better problem-solving performance — when it comes to analytical problem solving. But the same cannot be said when it comes to solving problems that require creativity.
The study examined the effects of alcohol consumption on creative problem-solving tasks. Most states consider a person intoxicated if his blood alcohol level is 0.08 or higher.
“We found at 0.07 blood alcohol, people were worse at working memory tasks, but they were better at creative problem-solving tasks,” Wiley said.
For example, if Wiley asked you to tell her what word goes with the following: blue, cottage, Swiss. And you said, “cheese,” you’d be accessing your remote ideas, not linear ones. That is, you associated blue, cottage and Swiss with cheese, a commendable and constructive thing to do.
The alcohol helped participant’s access remote ideas, ideas that develop through association, not linear analysis. In fact, linear reasoning can keep people focused on ideas they think are important but really aren’t, according to FABBS.
“We have this assumption, that being able to focus on one part of a problem or having a lot of expertise is better for problem solving,” according to Wiley. “But that’s not necessarily true. Innovation may happen when people are not so focused. Sometimes it’s good to be distracted.”
Other factors that helped with creativity included changing routine, getting enough sleep and growing older.
Old 20th April 2012
Orange you glad Brad won

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is pre-emptive but i just scored the job of a lifetime...2 weeks after my old company went belly up.

Ching, i am still good and wanted.

Signed the agreement and tomorrow do my drug screen....( relax i can pass it, good Dr. ) and start this monday.

Can i say wa f'n hoooo!

Let me here some ye haws out there!