The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
Figure Machine
Lowbrow Customs
Progressive Suspension
Superbrace

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2006
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
MakuaKane is on a distinguished roadMakuaKane is on a distinguished road
Default Should I wait??

Just wanted some advice from you "experts". I'll be getting my Ramflo 400 soon. Still saving up for the pipes, planning on Thunderheaders. Anyway, should I wait till I have both A/C and pipes before doing anything to my stock '06 1200R, or would it be OK to just do the A/C and rejet for now and install the pipes when I get them? Thanks for your input.

BTW, boy those dealers really push for the dynojet kits. The parts guy, ex-mech. here really flipped when he found out the mods I wanted to make (above), and wasn't going to use the kit (just rejet and adjust the idle mix). From all of what I've read so far here, Harley makes a good CV carb that only needs some minor adjustments. You'd think they'd stand behind their product better than that and not insist it needs something else....

[URL="http://xlforum.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=4676"]View My Gallery[/URL]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]2006 Sportster Roadster (yellow pearl), Thunderheader, Forcewinder A/C, 48 slow jet w/2.5 turns out on the mix screw, 200 main jet, 1 brass shim under the needle, TwinTec tc88a igniton module and coil, Krankvents, ISO grips, and Progressive 412 shocks and fork springs, and a few other doo-dads.[/FONT]
Old 18th May 2006
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
torxster is on a distinguished roadtorxster is on a distinguished roadtorxster is on a distinguished roadtorxster is on a distinguished road

My thinking would be it would most likely be OK to do the Ramflo now, but hold off on the jets till you get the new pipes. The AC just by itself without exhaust shouldn't warrant jets, it'll lean you out a little, but not much. Jets now would probably have you running too fat until you get the pipes on.

You'll definitely want to do the jets when the pipes go on.