The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage Here is where you post discussions about seating and luggage

Members Birthdays
flashedwards (64), Reeky (62), feets (61), Eastern Shore XL (59), beeman07, Ironhead Zombie (43), pilot (40), Rik (40), joker13 (39), naturegirl77 (34), oliver81 (33), walkingblind
NRHS Performance Long 2
Hammer Performance
Fix My Hog
Lowbrow Customs

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2006
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
jade44V is on a distinguished roadjade44V is on a distinguished roadjade44V is on a distinguished roadjade44V is on a distinguished road
Default Willie & Max Trunks

While shopping for a bag/trunk/roll to put on the newly installed luggage rack, I came across this:

http://www.buywillieandmax.com/pd_tt505.cfm

Does anyone have this on their bike? I hear a lot about Willie & Max products and did a search but it only turned up saddlebags. If anyone has one of these trunks on their bike I'd love to hear how you like it and see some pics.
Old 22nd May 2006
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki DL1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
rider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the rough

I Have a Max-Pax that I use with my rack and backrest. It works pretty good but is not holding its shape as well as I'd like. I sometimes use a solo rack so I'm looking for something I can use with both racks.
Impact Blue 1200 Custom, Gronk's mod stock exhaust, Ram-Flo 400, 45 slow, N65 needle, 175 main, HD detachable windshield and rear rack/ back rest, lay-down license plate, Mustang wide vintage, Progressive 13 1/2" 418s and Progressive fork springs w/ Belray oil, Superbrace,
Old 22nd May 2006
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
jg5150 is on a distinguished roadjg5150 is on a distinguished road

It appears that Jade is on a Shopping Spree. Jade I have a local shop by me that has a lot of Willie and Max stuff. I can see where rider1951 would say it wouldn't hold it's shape over time. Saddlemen luggage seems to be more sturdy for about the same price. Any shop that carries Custom Chrome or the Dragspecialties catalogues can get these for you. Just look for one that give you the best price.
Old 22nd May 2006
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 / 1200 Conversion
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: FXD Super Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
Sandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really nice

Thats a nice looking trunk Jade. I've seen W&M bags...they look really sharp. As far as quality I'd describe them as middle of the road. They aren't the best, but not bad either. He's right about the Saddleman luggage, I have Saddleman Jumbo saddlebags that are a rigid form holding leather, good quality stuff. I have them mounted with EasyBrackets, had them for over 2 years now and have ridden with them in all kinds of weather.....still look great! I can definitely recommend them!
Old 22nd May 2006
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
jade44V is on a distinguished roadjade44V is on a distinguished roadjade44V is on a distinguished roadjade44V is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I'll check Saddlemen out.
Know Thy Hog

Old 27th May 2006
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883L (the wifes ride)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: ER6-N
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
djs will become famous soon enoughdjs will become famous soon enoughdjs will become famous soon enoughdjs will become famous soon enoughdjs will become famous soon enoughdjs will become famous soon enough

company - http://auburnleather.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page38.html

store - https://www3.ssldomain.com/gearupdir...ID=&SubCat2ID=

Just throw this out there as an alternative. Seen one at a local store.
Old 27th May 2006
Biker

Braz691 has disabled reputation
Default saddlemen reviews I have read

I read a couple of reviews last night, that said basically there is a problem opening the lid(on maybe a smaller one than this trunk size) on the saddlemen against the sissy, it seems these guys sent them back cause they wouldn't open up good. I like the saddlemen and was thinking seriously about ordering one, due to its refined look and quality but after reading the reviews, I don't know now if I will.
I hope this helps, I didn't think about opening it up with it tied to the sissy bar, I can see it hitting before fully opening.