The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum GL Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > REGIONAL FORUMS > United States of America > Northeast > Pennsylvania
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
seajay, Hugh Betcha (68), jimhd89 (65), JayFL459 (65), Big Al (58), dakota_dj (57), 10walt (55), kiltbill (55), timsvalk (54), horsewriter (49), Benetampa (37)
Motor Stage
Motor Stage
Energy One Clutches
Biltwell

Burly

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2008
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell P3
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Ninja650R traded for 883R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
Ralphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really nice
Lightbulb Bike nite @ the Cruiser's Cafe in Mt. Pleasant Mills

I wish I had started this sooner, as the season is almost over. But today I talked the owner of the Cruiser's Cafe in Mt. Pleasant Mills (Snyder Co.) into having a Bike Nite starting this month. Tenatively, we are planning the Bike Nite for tuesday night Sept 23, from 5:30pm until >?
If any of you have ever been to the Cruiser's Cafe, you know how cool a venue this would be for bikers. Any Feedback ?
http://www.cruisers-cafe.com/

If this goes over well, we plan to have one bike night every month during the warmer months, and will probably have another bike nite in October.

Old 6th September 2008

Ralphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really niceRalphthe3rd is just really nice
Question Show of hands ?

Well it's Official, the Cruiser's Cafe bike night is locked in !

BTW- it's located in Mt. Pleasants Mills in Snyder Co., and it's about 15 minutes from Selinsgrove, about 35 minutes from Harrisburg, about 15 minutes from Middleburg, and about 25 minutes from the Mifflintown/Port Royal areas.
With a show of Hands, how many of you people reading this, think you might be attending?
Old 6th September 2008
Senior Master Bolter Oner

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: 48cc moped-donor bike TBD
Other Motorcycle Year: 14?
Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond repute

I could only do it if I had the next day off. If you are doing it again in October, I might actually be able to make it!
Old 7th September 2008

Thumbs up Yep- we hope to do it again in October too !

I appreciate you even considering it, coz thats a pretty long trek for you. But you can keep tuned to THIS thread, to see how the one on the 23rd turns out. But I'm telling you this much, since I'm in charge of this one, and where the actual venue it's located, it's gonna be waaay cooler than all the other Bike Nights I attend in Central PA.
Although, if you're looking for a bike night that has Booze, this ain't the one for you. It's just gonna be a nice family atmosphere, at a renovated 1940-50's era Service station. Ya know, this would have been a perfect destination for the so called Café Racers of that period

Quote:
Originally Posted by 883xl View Post
I could only do it if I had the next day off. If you are doing it again in October, I might actually be able to make it!
*Former- AMA N.E. District 2 Flattracker #15u '74-'84
Old 7th September 2008
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Saltydog is on a distinguished roadSaltydog is on a distinguished road

How far is that from the Allentown area?
Know Thy Hog

Old 7th September 2008

Lightbulb Mapquest it...

It's located about 35 miles north of Harrisburg. I'll take a guess and say it's about 115+/- miles from Allentown?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
How far is that from the Allentown area?
Old 8th September 2008
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: sport C
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
caveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nicecaveplay is just really nice
Smile maybe

Hey Ralph I will see if i can get the night off from work

maybe I can talk some of the guys from state college/ mifflintown to ride down with me ~~~ and maybe meet up with 883xl this time or next month

Glenny
Old 8th September 2008

Thumbs up That would be cool !

I hope you can get off, and make it down, it's really not too far for you
Besides, if I can make it up to State College for the Quaker Steak bike nights, you can surely make it down here for this one- LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveplay View Post
Hey Ralph I will see if i can get the night off from work

maybe I can talk some of the guys from state college/ mifflintown to ride down with me ~~~ and maybe meet up with 883xl this time or next month

Glenny
Old 8th September 2008
I am the great Cornholio!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GT550
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Ralph, got regular plans on Tues eves.

Sturgis 2009
Around the Lakes 2010
Texas 2011
New England 2011
Wreaths Across America 2011
Labor Day 2012
My first rally - Void 7
Pensacola 2012
Forum trip to Boyer WV July 2013
Coast to Coast to Coast in 100 hours
Butt Lite 7 - 5700 miles in 6 days

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"
Old 11th September 2008

Thumbs up Cruiser Food !

BTW, they gots some pretty good eats at the Cruiser's Café. I mean some of it is even unique to the area. For example, they serve Genuine Bison Burgers, yep- the real deal ! There is a Bison farm about 6 miles down the road, that they get their fresh Bison meat from, free range Bison I might add. They also make their own thick cut french fries, which still have the skins on...mighty tasty taters And they only serve Hershey's Ice Cream, in many-many flavors. Damn this is making me hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphthe3rd View Post
Bike Nite is on tuesday night Sept 23, from 5:30pm until 8:30pm.
If any of you have ever been to the Cruiser's Cafe, you know how cool a venue this would be for bikers.
http://www.cruisers-cafe.com/

If this goes over well, we plan to have one bike night every month during the warmer months, and will probably have another bike nite in October.

Know Thy Hog