The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum MOTOSPORT  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Bison Motorsports
Lowbrow Customs
Lowbrow Customs
Licks Holiday

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th June 2006
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Sportster/Buell Model #2: old ironhead .
Sportster/Buell Year #2: ???
Other Motorcycle Model: 900 kaw z1
Other Motorcycle Year: 73
garbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the rough
Default better keep those old bikes .

I got a a friend in ala who test rides for a bike co???he rides day and some nights. CANT say who he works for. ?? But he said the new bikes are not like the old ones.most fuel injected. and a lot quiter and can not be changed.SO I will hang on to my old bikes. had one old one I sold for a nice price not long ago. (collector bike)SO dont trade them off . they will get more $$$ as the time goes by . C YALL gar
Old 15th June 2006
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
AOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura about

Good to know!
Old 15th June 2006
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

lagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the rough

i plan on keeping my old style solid mount sporty...i wonder being the first year of the 883r if its gonna be worth anything someday.
Old 15th June 2006

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Other Motorcycle Model: Electraglide classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
Y2K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagerdrinker
i plan on keeping my old style solid mount sporty...i wonder being the first year of the 883r if its gonna be worth anything someday.
Nope not worth a thing, better give it to me now and cut your losses
Old 15th June 2006
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Victory High-Ball
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
Roadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura aboutRoadster_Rider has a spectacular aura about

I bet the 04-06 models will be worth a pretty penny, after all you can only get a nice smooth ride with upgrade options on 3 model years i guess we rubber mounted riders will win this one in 10-20 years
Know Thy Hog

Old 15th June 2006

lagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the roughlagerdrinker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster_Rider
I bet the 04-06 models will be worth a pretty penny, after all you can only get a nice smooth ride with upgrade options on 3 model years i guess we rubber mounted riders will win this one in 10-20 years

dont forget how rare those rubbermounts are, you can only buy them if you look through classifieds,ebay,craigslist....or the dealer
Old 15th June 2006

garbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the rough

TIP >>>> I could of bought a fully loaded 1200 sporty with the $$ from my 66xlr I sold. You never know what will be worth the most. AND THEY ARE MADE IN THE USA> Have you noticed those 1000.00 ironheads are getting hard to find. TRY AND FIND A K MODLE?? OR A KH> If you do they have been chopped up . and any thing up to now. 07 will be the start of the hds having a bike you can not mess with. I got a set of screaming eagle pipes. ON THE BOX not for road use. and can cancel your warantee. AND H D is removing them from stock.no longer for sale. racing only. AND keep any stuff you pull off a late modles as you may need it for emission test later. our ironheads will be exempt as never had it. just thank our goverment. and how many of you have a v rod???I think harley needs to wake up. or the metrics will get them. C YALL LATER GAR
Old 15th June 2006
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: roadking classic
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
bud095 has disabled reputation

having a bike i cant mess with! i wonder how this will impact the industry? like small indy shops and such.
Old 15th June 2006

I under stand harley will be putting a chip in there bikes to keep you from messing with them. there own rule not from epa yet . will be a couple of years. enjoy the sound. soon they will be like a gold wing. no sound. ????////and now you can only build one bike from scratch in a life time. and the custom bikes 25. and they can only be ridden to shows. over that has to meet the regulations. all other bike do. and you have to build fron scratch not rebuild a new bike. .
Old 15th June 2006
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XLH 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
Jimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the rough

I bet Airforce One wouldn't pass emmisions today......LOL
Blue Loctite is your Friend
Know Thy Hog