The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Figure Machine  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Licks Cycles
Motor Stage
Progressive Suspension
Energy One Clutches

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2008
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N-Traded :(
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Fat Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 09
el jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really nice
Question Any X-Ray or CAT Scan techs here?

I'm a little uncomfortable with the economic rumblings at my job and am looking for a field to get into. I've heard healthcare related jobs are a better bet. Thinking about gettin' some training.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10th September 2008
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Kent is on a distinguished roadKent is on a distinguished roadKent is on a distinguished roadKent is on a distinguished road

I work with a former x-ray tech.
She's our sysadmin now.

I can ask her if you have any specific questions in mind.
Old 10th September 2008

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 94
Other Motorcycle Model: FLSTSB Crossbones
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
wabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to beholdwabiker is a splendid one to behold

Industrial Xray (NDT) here... Got some info of the field in general.
Entry Med Xray Tech pays crap... If your serious about a career change, focus on the MRI- CAT end.
NDT can be lucrative, depending on the company/region/speciality.
Old 10th September 2008
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud of

My father was Xray tech for 45 years. Money was ok, He was trained by the army, never got a degree. He hit the ceiling in the 90's and could not earn what his experience was worth. He liked the work and never had to kill himself to make a living. He's retired now. I could arrange for you to talk to him if you want. He probably lives minutes from you in Panorama City. Let me know.

I've worked in healthcare since 1980. When I got out of the army, I became a Pharmacy tech, which I did for 16 years. I then worked my way into an IT job in healthcare. I've never been laid off and always had a rewarding job.

2006 883L
AN Big Sucker Stage 1
Rejetted Carb: Slow 45, Main 175
Vance & Hines Side Shots
Flat Track bars, 4" Joker Machine Risers
Joker Machine Speedo Mount
Speedway Instrument MicroTach
Mid Controls
Lepera Daytona Sport or Lepera Bare Bones Solo
Black Progressive 412 12.5" shocks
Progressive Fork Springs
Knock-off SE Fork Brace
Chopped Rear Fender
Custom Taillight

Ol' Greasy Karl of the Spirit Stalkers MC
Outlaw Name Generator

XLForum Business Card Template

BEFORE YOU CLIMB ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE, CHECK THAT THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE HANDLEBAR TO THE SEAT IS NEITHER TOO TIGHT NOR TOO LOOSE.
Old 10th September 2008
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200L
gammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the rough

I work in Radiology as a Nuclear Medicine Tech. I really love my job.

Old 10th September 2008
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha XT550 mutant
Other Motorcycle Year: 1982
stealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nice

el jinete fantasma, I "retired" at the ends of 2002 and was going to build custom "stuff" for people with large discretionary incomes, and find a part time day-to-day job to keep myself "involved" socially. A 30 day gig at at Healthcare provider turned into a fulltime commitment that I can't leave, because I love the people I work with and for.

Many others here talks about how "recession-proof" their job is, and all I can think of is how important it is for me to do do my job well, so that the people who depend on us being here for them are well-served.

The healthcare industry is never going to shrink, even in a real recession, but the real reward is being a part of something that is about providing others with something they really need and depend on.

I've never been happier to work for someone else in my life.

Stealthammer
1975 XLCH Ironhead - Stage II/1200, and oh yeah... It's Black!
"No matter how much you learn about computers, someone will always ask you to fix their car."

Still missin' Mr. Jimi......

XLF member's son needs our help!
Please Support Red Friday!
Old 10th September 2008
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200L
gammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the roughgammaqueen is a jewel in the rough

Here is some info from the ASRT...

https://www.asrt.org/content/rts/sur...urvey2007.aspx

You can find the 2007 salary report here. The highest paid modality (excludind dosimetry) is Radiation Therapy, followed by Nuclear Medicine.
Old 10th September 2008

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N-Traded :(
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Fat Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 09
el jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really nice

Thanks for the replies. To tell you the truth, I don't even know what to ask. I was talking to the X-ray tech when I went to urgent care for my pinched nerve. He told me the training was a year. If I were to make the leap, I'd definitely get additional training. I think CAT scan is an additional year... oh yeah, is that the same MRI? See, I don't know nothing.

Industrial X-Ray sounds interesting... what's that all about?
Old 10th September 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
XLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud of

Stay out of the health care fields. Salaries are not keeping up with the national cost increases, especially here in Southern California. Most nurses, therapsists do not make enough to buy a house and raise a family around here.
Ricor test rider for IAS Shocks, Intiminators and Vibranators. Works Dual Rate fork springs, fork brace, Avon Venom X tires, loosen drive belt, and set frame rails level to floor. Read the "7 Pages of Suspension" thread in the Suspension Sticky Index to learn how to fix your suspension.
Old 10th September 2008
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha XT550 mutant
Other Motorcycle Year: 1982
stealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nicestealthammer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLXR View Post
Stay out of the health care fields. Salaries are not keeping up with the national cost increases, especially here in Southern California. Most nurses, therapsists do not make enough to buy a house and raise a family around here.

WHAT?????????????????

Just walk through our parking lot on an average day and that BS will be dispelled!!!

Know Thy Hog