The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Figure Machine  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Durockrolly (56), xlch1973 (52), ehenry (50), 100thHugger (49), evobrian (47), jethrosurfs (42), Chris B. (38), Ebmomma (38)
Zippers Performance
RYCA Motors
Lowbrow Customs
Hammer Performance

Hammer Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2006
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: Darkside
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Davidson FLHTPI
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Johnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enough
Default Almost had one here in SoCal

Well as all the SoCal members go you all know I have been looking for Sportster owners up here in Ventura so I might have someone to ride sportsters with on the weeks that I don't go 100 miles south to meet the rest of the gang, so get this. I was at a parking lot party at my friends local HD dealer yesterday and this young couple ride up on a 1200C like mine and immediately I think a prime candidate for a forum member and a riding companion so I approach this guy and introduce myself and complement him on his Sportster and ask him where he lives, come to find out he lives about a mile from me so now this gets better I tell him I am a member of the XL forum and he said he never heard of it and could care less he just bought to hang out at some local bike hangout where all the rough guy biker crowd hangs out. After his attitude I realize this guy and his squeeze has about 1000.00 worth of HD clothes and leather on and he has a ton of patches on his jacket that make him look like a real bad ass , so this gets better about a half a hour later I see his squeeze putting fake tattoos on his arms and it was everything I could do to keep laughing. This couple was RUB or Pose what ever you chose to call it. After the total don't mess with me I'm a bad ass biker attatude I totally gave up on the possibility of a local sporty owner to ride local with so I guess I travel to the south and ride with my great ride partners ( The SoCal gang)

2004 FLHTPI Police Intercepter ( Black and Chrome)
Old 19th June 2006
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883H/1200H
Sportster/Buell Year: '96
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH 1000 w/elec. leg too
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '72
sportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant future

That's too funny!!! Just wait until he spies you getting gas and asks about doing a Stage 1 because he doesn't know what it is!!!
Political Correctness never killed any terrorists.
Old 19th June 2006

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Moker has disabled reputation

wait, so i shouldn't put on the lick 'em stick 'em tattoo's anymore?

crud
Old 19th June 2006
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
roadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really niceroadogette is just really nice

I've run into the same type of people here on the East Coast. I just ignore them. Most of my riding is done with my boyfriend, or alone.
Old 19th June 2006
Riding with Angels

Johnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enoughJohnny G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moker
wait, so i shouldn't put on the lick 'em stick 'em tattoo's anymore?

crud
No its OK if you do it , I would actually be disappointed if you didn't
Know Thy Hog

Old 19th June 2006

Sportster/Buell Model: Gone...
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: The Beast (M109R)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
snowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud of

Should have asked him why he was driving his girlfriend's bike...

***RIP***
--Mr. JIMI
--JOHNNY G
--BryanEOD
Old 19th June 2006
Assistant Administrator

Sportster/Buell Model: 1212 conversion/497 cams
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
xena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny G
....so I approach this guy and introduce myself and compliment him on his Sportster and ask him where he lives, come to find out he lives about a mile from me so now this gets better I tell him I am a member of the XL forum and he said he never heard of it and could care less he just bought to hang out at some local bike hangout where all the rough guy biker crowd hangs out.
Hahahaha. Just wait til that "rough guy biker crowd" call his
sporty girls bike! Doesn't sound like he has the cookies to
handle that!

XLF Rules/Guidelines

XLF Guidelines II
*¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ (¸.•*´¯`*•--->Xena
1212 Conversion 10:1 CR
SE 497 Cams
Python 3 Slip ons
TC88A running Xena's Black Panther Map

My 1212 Conversion Thread
XL Forum Members Map

Old 19th June 2006
Riding with Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Should have asked him why he was driving his girlfriend's bike...
He was smart enough to ask if I had done some work to my bike because it looks different than his , and he also asked how comes mine sounded cool compared to his. When I started talking about stage 1 upgrades he just went dumb on me
Old 19th June 2006

Sportster/Buell Model: Gone...
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: The Beast (M109R)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
snowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud of

I doubt if his/hers looked anywhere near as good as your's does.....
Old 19th June 2006
Riding with Angels

I was laughing real hard at the fact that they were wearing a ton of brand new HD clothes , Chaps, Leather jackets and face mask with the painted on skull face , HD leather boots and so on, I don't even think most of the bikers that they are hanging out with are even allowed in a HD store or have the money to buy anything if they were. You really had to be there for the whole affect
Know Thy Hog