The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle Motor - Top End
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Motor - Top End Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Top End issues. Rockerboxes, Valves, Cylinders, Pistons, Rings, Lift Rods, etc...

Members Birthdays
patc, Camera108 (61), pbudrovic (59), gene04 (57), guvnor (50), jrogers329 (44), ksoggs (39), dmurphy68 (37)
Sky Smith Insurance
S&S Cycle
883 Sportster
Dead Creek Cycles

Progressive Suspension

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2005
Biker

m0trh3d has disabled reputation
Unhappy HELP!! cam cover

I really need someone's help, bad..
I know that you guys know about sportsters so I am contacting you first.
I have a 90 sporty and here is my issue.
I had a screw break off in my cam cover, this screw is one(the bottom one) of two that attach the timing plate to the cover. While drilling it out I think that I went to far, I don't think that I broke thru( well I am sure I did not break completely though) but I don't know what is directly behind that screw that may have been hit...? My main concern is to find out if there is an oil passage for any of the gears etc.. that may have been effected?
Do you happen to have a cam cover laying around and can take a look for me to tell me what is there?
Thanks for the help
Old 22nd February 2005
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883XLH - 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: NRHS Stg 3 Thunderstorm
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
raysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really nice

Hi m0trh3d,
do you have any idea how far you went? How far can you stick your drill bit into the hole that you drilled? Not sure if you introduced yourself in the forum yet, but if not then welcome!
John
Old 22nd February 2005
Biker

m0trh3d has disabled reputation

I hit a stop. so I am hitting metal. and when I stick a bit in there and pull it out and lay it on top it is right at the back portion of the rotor open area..So I beleive that I am ok but I am anal and paranoid and would realy love to know for sure what is behind there.. for piece of mind.. Ya know...