The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
DaddyJay, sixshooter (67), cartoad2001 (65), Dirty Ernie (59), bri1200c (51), pquirk (48), GOTWA (45), gremlinsteve (45), lbowles2 (43), Guess (35), rnaway22es, landon283 (26)
Lowbrow Customs
Foxcreek Leather
Licks Holiday
Energy One Clutches

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2011
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLS
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Moto Guzzi Griso
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi V7 sport
Other Motorcycle Year: '73
Crazyspeed is on a distinguished roadCrazyspeed is on a distinguished roadCrazyspeed is on a distinguished roadCrazyspeed is on a distinguished roadCrazyspeed is on a distinguished road
Default Passenger pegs and bar

Looking for 70's passenger foot bar and foot pegs. Someone has got to have them laying around after chopper build? TIA

Last edited by Crazyspeed; 8th June 2011 at 18:29.. Reason: typo
Old 8th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLS
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
pjsobotta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyspeed View Post
Looking for 70's passenger foot bar and foot pegs. Someone has got to have them laying around after chopper build? TIA
i have a 79 with the stock foot bar, its still on my bike but i never use it, idk how much they go for but i would be willing to sell it, or trade it if you have something that im interested in.
Old 11th June 2011
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1973
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1964
Other Motorcycle Model: is there another model
brassy63 will become famous soon enoughbrassy63 will become famous soon enoughbrassy63 will become famous soon enoughbrassy63 will become famous soon enoughbrassy63 will become famous soon enoughbrassy63 will become famous soon enough

I am after a set of bars(any type), hand controls, and risers possibly a complete set if anybody has some they wish to sell
Old 11th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: ironhead Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xlch ironhead
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 68
mph2 is on a distinguished roadmph2 is on a distinguished roadmph2 is on a distinguished road

Hello again. I'm looking for stock length fork tubes for my 75 ironhead it's a 35mm Showa front end. They don have to look great but not pitted and also a primary cover mine has a hole knocked in it and the previous owner jb weld it and plus it is or was chrome and it is flaking. I would like a bare aluminum one thanks
Old 11th June 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1961
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Sportster XL
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1957
Other Motorcycle Model: XL 61 62 64 65 68 70 78
Moon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to allMoon Wolf is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph2 View Post
Hello again. I'm looking for stock length fork tubes for my 75 ironhead it's a 35mm Showa front end. They don have to look great but not pitted and also a primary cover mine has a hole knocked in it and the previous owner jb weld it and plus it is or was chrome and it is flaking. I would like a bare aluminum one thanks
The Showas have the groove around the bottom, right? There's a set lying in the back room of a local indie. I don't suppose he wants too much for them. What would be a good price?

I think there are a couple sets, so I could pick and choose the best ones.

When everything is as it was in my childhood

Violent, vivid, and of infinite possiblilty:

That the sun and moon broke over my head.--Richard Eberhart
Know Thy Hog

Old 11th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: ironhead Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xlch ironhead
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 68
mph2 is on a distinguished roadmph2 is on a distinguished roadmph2 is on a distinguished road

Pm'ed you moonwolf
Old 12th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1968
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1991
Other Motorcycle Model: Chopped Shovel
Other Motorcycle Year: 1978
sunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud of

Looking for a few parts for an '80 XLH. Need a set of Andrews PB+ (or equivalent) cams and a stock left front peg (or both fronts).
Old 13th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Ironhead
Sportster/Buell Year: 1971
purepain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 73 Heads

I am looking for a decent set of heads for a 73 IH if anyone has a set at a good price hit me up I have a set from a 71 I would trade or sell as well.
Old 14th June 2011
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1981
zipdog is on a distinguished roadzipdog is on a distinguished roadzipdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassy63 View Post
I am after a set of bars(any type), hand controls, and risers possibly a complete set if anybody has some they wish to sell
PM'd you on the risers, Brassy63.
Old 15th June 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 79
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki mach III 500
Other Motorcycle Year: 1973
79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice79chop is just really nice
Default WTB head bolt ,front caliper bolts, gaskets

looking for a few things for my chop build, I need a single head bolt, had one with bad threads that took out my cylinder threads on the way in. Front dual disk caliper bolts, they were stripped out and had to be cut off to remove the caliper. Copper head gasket and primary gasket.

the bike is a 79 ironhead, if anyone has any of them for sale cheap or just extras they dont need let me know before I have to go spend a small fortune on parts
Know Thy Hog