The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Superbrace
Figure Machine
Biltwell
Motor Stage

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2012
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh convert to xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1978
Sportster/Buell Model #2: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1972
DirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to beholdDirtyCory is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergerburger View Post
I have the header for that colelctor, but it is not new condition and would rather buy a used rear collector. Right now, I have NO collector and had planned on making one in the shop.
ive got a "new take off" if your interested. it dont look as new and shinny as the NOS one. but it dont have any dents, only very light scatches in the chrome. very light....... and i can tell it was maybe used on the way home from the showroom floor at most, cause there is no carbon build up at the end of the collector at all. let me know if you are interested.
Old 13th July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 71 xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 73
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 74 xlh
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 74
Other Motorcycle Model: BT rigid hand shift
fergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the rough

Here is the bike that I might run that 2-1 on.....I tried to sell the bike but can't even get 2500 for a matching numbers ironhead with new top end and transmission...new fork seals, sway bar bearings, etc.....I'll mount the header and see what it looks like this weekend
Old 13th July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1968
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1991
Other Motorcycle Model: Chopped Shovel
Other Motorcycle Year: 1978
sunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud ofsunchild2071 has much to be proud of

Shame you don't live any closer up noth here. I'd give you $2500 for that in a heartbeat.
Old 13th July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 71 xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 73
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 74 xlh
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 74
Other Motorcycle Model: BT rigid hand shift
fergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the roughfergerburger is a jewel in the rough

it is a spectacular bike. pulls real hard....it could be turned back into a stock XLH with simple bolt on orig parts....which I have. Ironheads are worth next to nothing....at least in Minneapolis, the market is weak. There are guys selling complete bikes for a grand around here..I bought a complete 79 for 600 bucks with title and matching numbers...the bike was on CL for more than a month...it's a joke...when I see a guy advertising a 69 for 6 grand I just smile....I've seen the same bikes for sale for more than 5 years around here....a 69 will fetch around 3 grand in the minni ON A GOOD DAY
Old 14th July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
Sportster/Buell Model #2: '01 Heritage Softail
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '01
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha XS 650
Other Motorcycle Year: 1980
Mr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura aboutMr.Gordon has a spectacular aura about

Jesus, The friggin' market suck's everywhere! Just sold my dad's house, 4500 sq.ft. , 10 acres for 175,000. When the market was good back in the Clinton day's, it was appraised at $750,000.
Know Thy Hog

Old 14th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1965 Pan
Other Motorcycle Model: 1970 Rigid Shovel Chop
cbellamore is on a distinguished roadcbellamore is on a distinguished roadcbellamore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergerburger View Post
it is a spectacular bike. pulls real hard....it could be turned back into a stock XLH with simple bolt on orig parts....which I have. Ironheads are worth next to nothing....at least in Minneapolis, the market is weak. There are guys selling complete bikes for a grand around here..I bought a complete 79 for 600 bucks with title and matching numbers...the bike was on CL for more than a month...it's a joke...when I see a guy advertising a 69 for 6 grand I just smile....I've seen the same bikes for sale for more than 5 years around here....a 69 will fetch around 3 grand in the minni ON A GOOD DAY
put it on ebay and agree to ship the bike anywhere
my 1960 xlch chopper was bid up to $6100 in the first 12 hours
Old 14th July 2012
USCG Mechanic Retired

Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Other Motorcycle Model: FXE Superglide
Other Motorcycle Year: 1976
tiderider will become famous soon enoughtiderider will become famous soon enoughtiderider will become famous soon enoughtiderider will become famous soon enoughtiderider will become famous soon enoughtiderider will become famous soon enough

Local Craigslist, not mine 1977http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/3138091750.html
Old 14th July 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH bobber
Sportster/Buell Year: 1964
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1969
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki ZX6E
Other Motorcycle Year: 1994
bobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nice

Hell, I would give you $2500 for that bike in a heartbeat, so would a couple of my friends. Problem is that coming up with $2500 to spend on a bike is kinda difficult all at once. I would love to buy a runner for once instead of having to piece one together over years.
Old 14th July 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Year: 1965
Other Motorcycle Model: FXSB
Other Motorcycle Year: 84
beardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of lightbeardo is a glorious beacon of light
Default WTB rear header

From the 77-78 2-1 exhaust systems. I need to make a 2-1, and that rear header would be perfect. Got stuff to trade or cash waiting. Brian
Old 15th July 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Sportster/Buell Model #2: old ironhead .
Sportster/Buell Year #2: ???
Other Motorcycle Model: 900 kaw z1
Other Motorcycle Year: 73
garbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the roughgarbiker is a jewel in the rough
Default manuals parts and book

ok . i have a service manuals 1979 to 1985 harley ones and a parts catalog harley same years. then 2 clymers service books 1959 to 1985 (M419) on book I will never use again. make me a offer and will send them .you can reply to this or send a pm to me. . thanks gar . know some one could use them and in good cond .
Know Thy Hog