The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
spatial.hd, cress (56), tomheck2112 (47), Marks98Sporty (47), hdsportster71 (43), jmhurt (36), Tros (30)
Superbrace
DK Customs
Biltwell
Fix My Hog

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1150R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
bigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to all
Default Squirrel bests Iraq veteran

This is just too funny....

Frank Garren is tough guy. The 6-foot, 4-inch former Army sergeant was awarded a Purple Heart after surviving a roadside bomb while deployed in Iraq in 2004. He knows about combat and quick reactions.

An angry squirrel is another matter, said Garren, who reported just such a run-in recently in Washington Park.

“You might expect a mugging in the park, but not to be attacked by a tree rodent,” the 34-year-old Springfield resident said Monday. “I never thought a squirrel could kick my (behind).”

He said the animal, which Garren estimated weighed 2 to 3 pounds, pounced on his head after he simulated a squirrel call to get its attention Sunday afternoon.

Garren walked away with several scratches on his face and head, and a newfound respect for a squirrel’s agility.

“I think next time I’ll keep my distance,” he said.

The couple were on the west side of the park near one of the ponds when Garren spotted an “enormous” male fox squirrel on a tree branch. Garren has hunted squirrels before, and said he’s never seen one that size before.

“He was as fat as a softball,” he said, adding that the squirrel appeared two feet long, head to tail.

Garren said he made a squirrel call to get the animal’s attention, thinking it would impress Stone.

“Whatever I said in squirrel language must have made him mad,” Garren said. The squirrel latched onto Garren’s head and face with its claws before running off.

“I was left dumbfounded,” he said, noting he only saw a flurry of fur and eyes. “It was like someone had hit me with a brick.”

The couple said Stone was “rolling on the ground laughing” until she realized Garren was bleeding.

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
Marquis de la Grange (1639 - 1692)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15th October 2008
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 2009 Dyna Street Bob
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
bigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the roughbigrabo is a jewel in the rough

thats pretty funny......those little bastards are strong and have a hell of a grip....i held one once and it was very feisty..............
Old 15th October 2008
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Dyna Street Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
fafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of lightfafcpa is a glorious beacon of light

Any chance of rabies from a squirrel scratch?

Fred
Old 15th October 2008

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1150R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
bigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to all

Here is the squirrel in question

Old 15th October 2008

Sportster/Buell Model: Gone...
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: The Beast (M109R)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
snowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjnsa View Post
Here is the squirrel in question

YO.......

***RIP***
--Mr. JIMI
--JOHNNY G
--BryanEOD
Know Thy Hog

Old 15th October 2008
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLC883-1200 Conversion
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Maniac72 will become famous soon enoughManiac72 will become famous soon enoughManiac72 will become famous soon enoughManiac72 will become famous soon enoughManiac72 will become famous soon enoughManiac72 will become famous soon enoughManiac72 will become famous soon enough

http://http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/fatty_squirel.htm

I swear this is the same guy.

Drive on driving on!
Old 15th October 2008
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200R
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1986
Jackster has disabled reputation

This squirrel should not be taken lightly. It has been awarded the medal of honor twice, and the soldier's medal 3 times for acts of heroism in peacetime. It has also won several strongest squirrel competitions and is currently set to deploy to Basra in December. Here he is getting a special treat from his significant other upon redeployment from his last mission in Kabul: