The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Licks Tanklift  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
Lickscycles
Progressive Suspension
Lowbrow Customs
Fix My Hog

Motor Stage
Tags
bobber, nightster, nightster rsd venturi

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all

Here are a few bikes that have inspired me on my build. I was gonna buy a 79
Sporty that had been hard tailed and was an awesome looking bike very similar to the first bike below but wanted my first H-D to be something a little newer and more reliable that I knew I could keep forever. It took me forever to finally be able to buy one so I'm never going to sell it. It's kinda like me first born child in a way. The first bike is perfect in my opinion and I want to paint mine very close to it and put the old ironhead style lettering on the tank. The other bikes have a few styling cues I like as well.

Old 16th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Nightstrike is on a distinguished roadNightstrike is on a distinguished roadNightstrike is on a distinguished road

Here's mine, crappy photos but you get the idea
Next up.. 10 inch road 6 bars

Old 16th July 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all

Nightstrike, pics don't work.
Old 16th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Nightstrike is on a distinguished roadNightstrike is on a distinguished roadNightstrike is on a distinguished road

Dang it!! I'll keep trying to get it to work.
Old 16th July 2012
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
td67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura about

Still not working

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
RYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to all

Hi, I'm new to the forum but came across this thread and thought I would post my nightster up...

Theres some awesome ideas on this thread everyone, keep posting!!

Old 18th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: I WANT a 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 00
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki SV650
Johnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really nice

Hey RHYD, can you post a direct side shot of that Bad boy? Looks like a Le Pera Bare Bones seat right? Want to see the side profile if you don't mind.
Thx J
Old 18th July 2012
Greasemonkey

RYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to allRYHD is a name known to all

Hi Johnny5 I dont have i side shot but will try and get one up ASAP, it is the barebones by Le Pera, it flows really well between the tank and fender. I have only had the bike a month and not quite figured out the rear end yet, definitley will get new shocks which are a little lower, I feel it sits too high however I do ride two up with my missus sometimes and need some fender to get the pillion pad on and need a little give/travel in the shocks ...

A guy on here has the same seat and he shows a side shot somewhere in his thread, here is a link to that thread it is worth taking a look..
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=466630

ryhd
Old 18th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
Hey RHYD, can you post a direct side shot of that Bad boy? Looks like a Le Pera Bare Bones seat right? Want to see the side profile if you don't mind.
Thx J
Here is the page and a link...

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...466630&page=30

ryhd
Old 18th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Here is a photo with the Le Pera pillion pad hooked on to the barebones for a day with the missus, gives the bike a complete different look..

Ryhd
Know Thy Hog