The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 2  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
collinsb (70), bulldog1200C (56), DrBlond (51), Moonpie (49), mercybeat (44), mogwai (40), Ratster, E.MCCOLLOM (37)
DK Customs
Get Lowered
Figure Machine
Get Lowered

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2008
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
taggiascoz is on a distinguished roadtaggiascoz is on a distinguished roadtaggiascoz is on a distinguished roadtaggiascoz is on a distinguished roadtaggiascoz is on a distinguished road
Smile speedo top clamp

hi guys, i changed the handlebar and i couldn't use my home made speedo bracket anymore so i wasnt sure which one to choose, the rockerbox mount at first but then i didnt want an extra wire too visible and i went for this top clamp mount, have a look at the pics, i had never seen it before but maybe you did,i think it gives a clean look, some might not like it, tell me your thoughts
later fellas
Old 6th November 2008
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki DR350SE
Other Motorcycle Year: 1994
vilification is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good to me. Definitely a clean look. Not sure what the other one looked like, but this one seems fine. I'd keep it.
Old 6th November 2008
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 88
hmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to behold

+1 looks good
Old 9th November 2008
Flat Track Racer

taggiascoz is on a distinguished roadtaggiascoz is on a distinguished roadtaggiascoz is on a distinguished roadtaggiascoz is on a distinguished roadtaggiascoz is on a distinguished road

i added a front view of the clamp-speedo
Old 9th November 2008
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki DR350SE
Other Motorcycle Year: 1994
vilification is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good. After looking at some of the details, I'd love to see the whole bike actually. Front , Side, Rear if you got em'. Mines totally the opposite direction, but I'm appreciating what you got going, and I think it looks great from what i can see. Please share.
Know Thy Hog

Old 9th November 2008
I think I like Sportsters

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L (sorta)
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: XR1200X
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Screw Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond repute

How about some details on the gauge and bracket? Where did you get them and who makes them?

Old 9th November 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
FoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to behold

No idiot lights?

Fox
Old 9th November 2008
Flat Track Racer

Wink

Quote:
Looks good. After looking at some of the details, I'd love to see the whole bike actually. Front , Side, Rear if you got em'. Mines totally the opposite direction, but I'm appreciating what you got going, and I think it looks great from what i can see. Please share.
ill post some pics tomorrow, thanks by the way

Quote:
How about some details on the gauge and bracket? Where did you get them and who makes them?
speedo is made by nova MMB i got Electronic speedometer ě 48 mm with stepper motor, they also have an online shop in germany, i dunno if you live in europe. The speedo mount is made by CPV go in accessories -> art.#0182 but i also like 0185 and 0184

Quote:
No idiot lights?

Fox
no lights, i had the neutral one on the handlebar, for the oil i check it frequently, lets hope i dont forget
Old 10th November 2008
Flat Track Racer

Quote:
here are your pics

i know the license plate is huge but thats the law, no comment please
Old 10th November 2008
I think I like Sportsters

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L (sorta)
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: XR1200X
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Screw Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggiascoz View Post
speedo is made by nova MMB i got Electronic speedometer ě 48 mm with stepper motor, they also have an online shop in germany, i dunno if you live in europe. The speedo mount is made by CPV go in accessories -> art.#0182 but i also like 0185 and 0184
I am on the other side of the big pond, but that might be worth trying to get...something else to add to the want list. They so sell them in MPH. Hmmmm.

Thanks for the information! Again, looks good.
Know Thy Hog