The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Licks Tanklift  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006) This area is to discuss issues, problems and anything else unique to the 2004 and above Sportster motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Gennyred (64), Spatialanomaly (60), ColinB (54), HD1000XL (49), tub531
Lickscycles
Progressive Suspension
S&S Cycle
Zippers Performance

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Danny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really nice
Default Performance

I'm looking to upgrade my 04 1200R, gonna do my Stage I's in a couple of weeks. As I studied dyno charts for other xls and the stage I upgrade, I noticed a slight dip in power at lower RPMS. While additional power will be great for the highway (do alot of 2 up w/luggage) I need a way to increase my HP and torque at lower RPMS. (For around town, riding in the hills/mountatins, etc)
Old 2nd March 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Roadster
Danny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really niceDanny3nose is just really nice

Also, to the people who've done their Stage I, any difference in fuel mileage?
Old 2nd March 2005
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Phil R has disabled reputation

Danny,
I think that you will notice a definite improvement in low end performance from the Stage I mods. My Sporty seemed to pull better without lugging, at about 150 rpm's lower than before, and has more pep across the entire power range. When you do the Stage I mods, you may consider a better breathing aftermarket AC than the Harley SE II AC. I'm about to install the NRHS Hurricane Flow AC kit to replace my SE II AC. I hope to pick up a few horses in the process. Good luck! On gas mileage, I haven't noticed any difference but I don't pay that much attention to mpg., I'm having too much fun!

Last edited by Phil R; 2nd March 2005 at 21:19.. Reason: afterthought
Old 2nd March 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLC
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDWG
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
pquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant future

STEVO, WHERE'S THAT RTF?

Last edited by pquirk; 2nd March 2005 at 21:27..
Old 2nd March 2005
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883XLH - 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: NRHS Stg 3 Thunderstorm
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
raysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really niceraysheen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny3nose
I need a way to increase my HP and torque at lower RPMS.
I would suggest keeping the crossover tube for this...maybe go with cycle shack slip-ons? I have have them and really like them. They are one of the best bang-for-the-buck exhaust upgrades....as far as mpgs go, I wouldn't worry about it too much...some people actually report an increase in fuel economy because their bikes were out of tune to begin with...I have not noticed a huge difference in my bike and it has gone beyond stage 1 at this point...still getting 50+mpg...well...until I get on the throttle
Know Thy Hog

Old 2nd March 2005
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
vetthed is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 04 1200R with V&H straitshots, jet kit, and hyper charger and I feel a power difference in slower speeds and higher speeds not to mention the sound...oh the sweet sound of strait pipes!