The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
patc, Camera108 (61), pbudrovic (59), gene04 (57), guvnor (50), jrogers329 (44), ksoggs (39), dmurphy68 (37)
Get Lowered
Biltwell
Superbrace.com
Get Lowered

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2006
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L Chopper Blue, Baby
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
VETRAN has disabled reputation
Default Gronk Mod-Plus...done!

I just finished putting on my Gronk Mod-Plus mufflers, with the mod performed by the wonderful Mattbastard.

They sound better than any slip on I have heard, the sound bytes hear do not do it justice. Even my wife who is very non-gearhead says they sound great and that it is much improvment over stock.

And just so everyone knows Matt said he will perform this service for other interested members, of course for a fee but well worth it!!!!

Contact him for more info.
Old 3rd September 2006
mostly harmless.. (sssm)

gronk62 has disabled reputation
Thumbs up

Glad ya like 'em Vetran
Old 3rd September 2006
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
typerighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETRAN
I just finished putting on my Gronk Mod-Plus mufflers, with the mod performed by the wonderful Mattbastard.

They sound better than any slip on I have heard, the sound bytes hear do not do it justice. Even my wife who is very non-gearhead says they sound great and that it is much improvment over stock.

And just so everyone knows Matt said he will perform this service for other interested members, of course for a fee but well worth it!!!!

Contact him for more info.
What is the "Plus" in the Gronk Mod-Plus?

Did you use your original pipes or did you buy a spare '06, '05, '04?

Any pix?
Old 3rd September 2006
mostly harmless.. (sssm)

gronk62 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by typerighter
What is the "Plus" in the Gronk Mod-Plus?
As far as I know it refers to Mattbastards version of the gronk mod. How Mattbastard modifies stock cans
Old 3rd September 2006
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: FXR
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Mattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the props Vetran, but I feel I should inform the forum users of something first.

I'm starting my last year of engineering school on 5 Sept, and all my tools for doing this job are over 300 miles away in an unheated shop. When the semester is over, I may have some time for a few sets, but I wont be able to do any pipe mods until then. Sorry if anyone's hopes got up, but I just dont have the time or the resources as of now.

Matt
Know Thy Hog

Old 3rd September 2006
Chief Master Mechanic

Default Excuses, Excuses....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbastard
Thanks for the props Vetran, but I feel I should inform the forum users of something first.

I'm starting my last year of engineering school on 5 Sept, and all my tools for doing this job are over 300 miles away in an unheated shop. When the semester is over, I may have some time for a few sets, but I wont be able to do any pipe mods until then. Sorry if anyone's hopes got up, but I just dont have the time or the resources as of now.

Matt
....man Matt when there is a will there is a way!!!

Anyhow I am very happy with them, and for those whom asked the Plus is the Gronk mod with a larger fabricated baffle that Matt makes himself. And did I mention they sound AWESOME!!!
Old 3rd September 2006
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
cgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to all

do you have to rejett ? , do you need a new air cleaner ?
is there any loss of torque ?

Patriot Guard NY Region 2
SAL SQN 366 Honor Guard Color Guard
Old 3rd September 2006
Chief Master Mechanic

Default I have only riden around the block...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgp-1200R
do you have to rejett ? , do you need a new air cleaner ?
is there any loss of torque ?
...but today I am going one up on the slo-jet and will test. I am not going to do much tuning because I am currently waiting for a Nallin Hurricane Flow A/C to arrive.

It actually feels like it has better torque, that could just be that it doesn't fart on acceleration like before...it could also be psychological horsepower???

Scott
Old 3rd September 2006
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
cgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to all

so you have done no other mods besides the exhaust and the bike runs great, but you are going to rejett and go with a new aircleaner because you want or need to ?

sorry if im dense i just want to understand , in order to get a better sound what else i have to do.
Old 3rd September 2006
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki DL1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
rider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the roughrider1951 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgp-1200R
so you have done no other mods besides the exhaust and the bike runs great, but you are going to rejett and go with a new aircleaner because you want or need to ?

sorry if im dense i just want to understand , in order to get a better sound what else i have to do.
If you haven't already changed jets and air cleaner it would be really help for performance to do so. You'll get more torque and horse power.

BTW just listened to the pipes and they sound great. May have to look into trying to get a set when Matt's done with school.
Impact Blue 1200 Custom, Gronk's mod stock exhaust, Ram-Flo 400, 45 slow, N65 needle, 175 main, HD detachable windshield and rear rack/ back rest, lay-down license plate, Mustang wide vintage, Progressive 13 1/2" 418s and Progressive fork springs w/ Belray oil, Superbrace,

Last edited by rider1951; 3rd September 2006 at 17:30..
Know Thy Hog