The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
883 Sportster
RYCA Motors
Get Lowered
Energy One Clutches

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2006
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
dagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the rough
Default Very happy with the Samson BG3 Slashers...

First chance for a nice long day of riding after putting these suckers on. Sound is awesome and performance is great! I'm very happy with these pipes. No -- they aren't drag pipes, but when you get on them, they bark big time. I'm running a SEII a/c with a 45 slow and 180 main and performance (after warming up) is just what I want -- pulls like a locomotive and no carb farts. I'm a happy camper exhaust-wise.

67 XL Forum members -- people just like you (only now a little skinnier) -- have joined and
pledged to lose over 2,400 pounds. We've lost over 459 pounds so far!

2 people have already achieved their goals!

Check out our progress on the Weight Loss Stats Page (http://homepage.mac.com/dagruber/.Public/XLFWeights.htm). You can join at any time by sending me a PM.

Check out my Sportster photo gallery (http://gallery.mac.com/dagruber#100025&view=carouseljs&sel=0)!
Old 18th September 2006
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Clarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, YEAH baby!!!!! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout!!!!!!

They look fantastic on your bike the way you have it set up.

Nice to see someone else running these now, dag. Glad to hear that you like them so far. They do bark real nice when provoked, don't they?

My $.02, I do wear earplugs on trips longer than 10-15 minutes, especially at cruising speed. Actually, I am gonna flip you a PM for more info and a question...
Old 18th September 2006
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
Sportster/Buell Model #2: ..oO(in my dreams)
Prebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nicePrebs is just really nice

Sweet Pipes. they accent your bike well!! me likey!!

06 883L Black Cherry- C/S slip ons, stage one, BS-Nekid, Progress 412's
Old 18th September 2006
Flat Track Racer

Uquackmeup has disabled reputation

Your bike looks awesome.
Old 18th September 2006
~~RIP Johnny G~~

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Paulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nicePaulie420 is just really nice

While the style is not my favorite choice, your bike fully dressed up with the big seat and all the leather... and the aux lights, man it just looks sweet!

I think it could be one of the ones in the parts catalog in the front sportster section... where they have pics of the bikes done different styles.

It looks really clean, the pipes help a lot and everything looks like it should be there.

I even like the crash bars even on this setup... Thats sayin a lot.

The bike looks nice, I know you have fun riding it!

Take care..

2005 Sportster 1200 Custom
Vance & Hines Sideshots, Screamin Eagle A/C, Detachable Sissy Bar, LayDown Brake Light, Smoked Lenses, SaddleBags, And an Attitude to Boot

Know Thy Hog

Old 18th September 2006
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm more into the KISS principle but your bike looks like it should be on a calender. The pipes are great.
Old 18th September 2006
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS 88" Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Predator is on a distinguished roadPredator is on a distinguished roadPredator is on a distinguished road

Yup, IMO those are the best sounding pipes for a sporty. Without baffles though.
Old 18th September 2006
Harley Engineer

Other Motorcycle Model: Low Rider.
Bikerlaw is on a distinguished roadBikerlaw is on a distinguished roadBikerlaw is on a distinguished roadBikerlaw is on a distinguished roadBikerlaw is on a distinguished road

Wow, what a well set up and prepared bike. The whole thing works together. Thumbs up.
Old 19th September 2006
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
dagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, all, for the kind words. It's funny how you can go in a completely different direction than originally planned for. I never figured my wife would like to ride as much as she does, so I ditched the plans for a solo seat and added the Mustang tourer and the sissy bar. If it were just me riding solo, it would have gone in a completely different direction, but I'm very happy with it and I'm happy to have the company on our rides.

Quote:
Yup, IMO those are the best sounding pipes for a sporty. Without baffles though.
Hmmm....you just HAD to say that, didn't you? Now you've got me thinking...How do you get those bad boys out?