The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Cruiser Customizing  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006) This area is to discuss issues, problems and anything else unique to the 2004 and above Sportster motorcycles

Members Birthdays
jojo, 5lv (66), BobbyB (60), BigBrotherWatching (52), black1200r (45), Jnomad72 (42), michigan113 (39), xl1200c (33)
Fix My Hog
NHRS Performance
Motor Stage
Ironworks Magazine

883 Sportster

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2006
Biker

Other Motorcycle Model: Ducati Multistrada1000DS
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
Evi|grin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting a 2007 XL1200R

Hi all, im new to this forum

Im getting a 2007 XL1200R soon and I already have a big cruiser and want a smaller around town bike also.The new EFI XL1200R fit the bill perfect compared to all the bikes i looked at.

How well is the new EFI and ECM adjusting to mods like pipes, cams and intake? Is a Powercommander type aftermarket addon really needed or can the stock ECM be adjusted/re-mapped enough. I heard the SE upgrade wont be out for awhile.

Sofar ThunderHeader isnt listing any XL pipes with the O2 bungs and i dont know if they will even fit when i get forward C type controls.
I was thinking about getting KhromeWerks slipons for 2004-2006 models because they should fit and the baffle design looks interesting. I can sell them later if/when the Thunderheader is available.

Is anyone offering a better breathing air box yet or is there an easy mod to the stock breather box?

Are the 536 lift SE cams a good choice for a midly built XL motor, im looking for 80+ rwhp and torque and 6500 or less redline. My other choice were the Andrews N4.

Has anyone cross referenced things like Buell injectors, ECM, throttle bodies ect?

Sorry for all the questions but im excited about getting another bike and would like some suggestions from any 2007 EFI XL 1200 owners.

My current ride is a VTX1800C which im going to convert to more touring and keep the Roadster for my shorter rides.

Thanks and glad to meet everyone
Old 28th September 2006
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200RSC Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: DT400B
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 76
Other Motorcycle Model: 04-FZ6, 06-350 Wolverine,
Kentucky has disabled reputation

Welcome to the forum. The 07 model is still being played with and there isn't much that has been done yet to support the mods issue. If you want a good smaller around town bike look at Schwinn. That XL1200 Roadster is a cross country road eating beast and it loves the twisties, which is why I stay out of town with mine. I have a 2005 1670cc Roadstar which is comfy and a real boat. I also have a stage1 2004 XL1200RSC with a fully adjustable suspension, 4.5 gallon tank and pigyback rear shocks. Hands down the Roadstar belongs in town and the Sporty needs some major asphalt to stretch its legs. If you get one you'll find this out only too soon....
Old 28th September 2006
Biker

Other Motorcycle Model: Ducati Multistrada1000DS
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
Evi|grin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks but i already have a limited edition Schwinn Chopper bike with disk brakes and a springer front end.