The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Gear - Helmets, Clothing and what not
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Gear - Helmets, Clothing and what not This area is for discussing riding gear such as helmet, boots, clothing, etc

Members Birthdays
RYCA Motors
DK Customs
RYCA Motors
Get Lowered

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2006
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
capttawes is on a distinguished roadcapttawes is on a distinguished roadcapttawes is on a distinguished roadcapttawes is on a distinguished road
Default Fox Creek Leather Jackets...

Hey guys & gals....

I've been looking for a nice leather jacket for awhile and have tried on a number of jackets in all price ranges. Fox creek seems to get very high reviews but I was wondering if they're really that much better than say a Tourmaster, Icon, Joe Rocket etc. to make them worth the extra money?
I'm thinking of putting one on the Xmas wish list from the Mrs. but the vented racing jacket is a sizeable purchase and does not have body armor (just padding) and I believe only has the zip out insulated vest an none in the sleeves but the leather supposedly is ultra soft and much thicker than any other brand. Opinions?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 28th September 2006
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 custom
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda Magna
Other Motorcycle Year: 1986
Bikerchk has disabled reputation

I have a Fox Creek Leather jacket- It is so far superior to any other leather jacket that I have seen anywhere- it weighs about 9 pounds and is made with real craftsmenship- I am a huge leather lover (ok, leathersnob) and I really did my homework before I selected this jacket. I know it will last for years and years and I have absolutely no regrets for spending the money that I did. I have seen how this jacket survives a crash and it did it superbly- other jackets on the market are just not thick enough to protect you for very long.
Old 28th September 2006
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 C Black & Silver
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Mr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of light

Matt, send Cjburr a PM , he has a beautiful one and its nice
You won't regret it
Jim
Making a F-550 Pick Up Thread
We are not near but we are close !
Amanda Overmyer Rocks !!
Dear Eliot
Eye Xray Here
Old 28th September 2006
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883/1250 Stage3
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell S1 White Lightning
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1998
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW K1300S
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
cjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nice

You won't need the armor with the Fox Creek jacket.
Old 28th September 2006
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
capttawes is on a distinguished roadcapttawes is on a distinguished roadcapttawes is on a distinguished roadcapttawes is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input. May have to give them a shot as I like the idea of a fairly heavy wgt. leather jacket that is that soft. Body armor is not a big issue it's just that many other jackets have it added thus I can see a slightly higher price and I suppose if it's that thick having no insulation in the sleeves won't be an issue either.
Know Thy Hog

Old 28th September 2006
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250C originally
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
mikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant futuremikeLI_77 has a brilliant future

Try there deerskin gloves as well. They are so much softer than any other glove I have tried. I have the Lined deerskin glove and the lined deersking guantlets. I use them for dead of winter riding and they work great. Compared to other gloves I have tried it almost feels like your not wearing a glove it is so soft and flexible.

I have been debating on getting a leather from them as well. From what I have heard they are really good about sizing. If you order the wrong size they will take it back and send you another one, and from ordering my gloves they were very good people to deal with also.

Hammer 1250 kit W/ 30░ reverse dome pistons
Hammer billet 2" forward offset open air cleaner
Hammer billet intake manifold
Hammer Impact 560's
Buell xb heads with crush level head porting
Mikuni HSR 45
177.5 main
25 slow
Clip 4th slot from top
Jim's powerglide II lifters
Sledge hammer pushrods
Supertrapp supermeg exhaust 20 disks and open end cap.
S&S roller rockers
Alto Carbonite clutch with Energy One 15% heavier spring plate.
Daytona twin tech single fire ignition 1005s
Ricor intimnators
13" Ricor IAS shocks
Brembo dual disk setup from a 2012 street glide with matching brembo street glide master cylinder
Koso T&T multi function speedo/tach