The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > XR Sportster Motorcycle Talk - XR750, XR1000, XR1200
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

XR Sportster Motorcycle Talk - XR750, XR1000, XR1200 For XR Sportsters: XR750, XR1000, XR1200

Members Birthdays
Nightrider, jim wiseman (63), gone2dalake (61), bobzimm (58), JMan (47), csaintg (45), tinydawg (43), B.Curvin (43), eskiv (34), 05bluesportster (33), joka646 (30)
DK Customs
NHRS Performance
NRHS Performance Long 2
Figure Machine

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd December 2008
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1999 Sporty
becket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default XR1200 photoshop request

Can one or more of you photoshop-chop gods try a little tweaking here, please. Put wire wheels on it, remove the turn signals, reflectors and mirrors; add two-into-two high pipes; then mold the seat into the tank and take out that gap that is breaking up the tank/seat flow. Just seeing if a few mods will get it more "Stortz" looking, thanks!
Or you can tell me to learn how to do it your own damn self, or whatever...
EDIT: The Motorcycle news video with Adrenalinemoto showed me everything, sans high pipes and wire rims. I like the bars on their test bike better too.

Last edited by becket; 22nd December 2008 at 04:29..
Old 22nd December 2008
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XR1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XB12
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Adrenalinmoto is on a distinguished roadAdrenalinmoto is on a distinguished roadAdrenalinmoto is on a distinguished road

Bars are Lucas 'Streetfighter' bars and are much more comfortable than the stock 'chopper' handlebars.

Two into two high level pipes won't fit the XR1200 (yet) because the right side footrest/mastercylinder brackets get in the way. The only way to fit them may be to get a set of Storz 08 XL rearsets, which have a diferent master cylinder arrangement, although the pegs will be lower than the stock XR1200 pegs.

Not sure if any of the standard H-D wire wheels will fit the XR, as it uses a different width swingam and forks, although brake disc mountings are the same as the rest of the range.
Old 22nd December 2008
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1999 Sporty
becket is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, that helped; I went to your site and saw that project bike closer, very trick stuff for sure. I like the lower profile and shape of the Lucas bars; Looks better and more ergo for higher performance riding. Stortz or Supertrapp will have some high pipes out soon the grapevine seems to think; but those on your test ride are definately killer! I like the bigger air scoop as well.