The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Lighting
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
motobraz, dwr302, xlchjoe (60), rider31 (54), Viper (42), KJcrownRRdriver (42), krafty (38), EezyE (37), SmokeyXL (34)
Energy One Clutches
Energy One Clutches
Fix My Hog
Licks Cycles

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2006
The XL Forum Host

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1250 Stage 2
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
bplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant future
Default Dual Headlight?

Anyone know of a dual headlight set up the will fit on the Custom Sportster forks?

XLF on FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/XLFORUM

AMA #961454
MY GALLERY

02 883 > NRHS 1250 Stage 2 - Nasty Nancy
Old 10th October 2006
The XL Forum Host

bplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant future

I wonder if this set up will fit the narrow forks.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...6-0213C43EA781
Old 10th October 2006
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

Look here. Mikenico took a standard dual headlight similar to this only the lights are individual and connected together and used the mounts to put it on the fork legs. You can also mount you turn signals to the brackets. Have you considered a buell 8 inch light. Looks really cool on cjburr's bike. The dual I have now does not fit a narrow glide but dual 4.5 inch lights could easily be mounted with a piece of flat steel mounted to your stock lower mount.

Here is a different type on ebay right now. Might look good for your application. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stree...spagenameZWDVW

Here was his end product.

Here is my setup. It is the Rick Doss setup.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.

Last edited by rottenralph; 10th October 2006 at 14:32..
Old 10th October 2006
The XL Forum Host

That's what I am looking for!
Old 10th October 2006
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: sporty custom xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Frapper has disabled reputation

Bert your just trying to copy the old school dualies chopper headlights you saw on my 69ster Sportinator. Maaaannnnnn
Know Thy Hog

Old 10th October 2006
The XL Forum Host

You got me!!! Hey Frap, you wanna head up to Koln with me this weekend to check out the new XR1200??
Old 10th October 2006
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
GOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enough

Here's something different for ya Bert. I have no idea what the lights are other than they appear to be halogen. Looks like he used trun signal reloaction clamps to munt them.

Old 10th October 2006
The XL Forum Host

That is unique to say the least.
Old 10th October 2006
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
GOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplinson
That is unique to say the least.
Yeah I had that same reaction.
Old 10th October 2006
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: '73 Yamaha DT175
DEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTWA
Here's something different for ya Bert. I have no idea what the lights are other than they appear to be halogen. Looks like he used trun signal reloaction clamps to munt them.

Those are fog lights, I have a pair just like them on my truck. (wally World $18.00)

look kind of tacky on the bike(imho)

What's with the HUGE speedo!?
start with the words "Nice Harley".
Know Thy Hog