The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Hammer Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Biltwell
DK Customs
Foxcreek Leather
DK Customs

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Glewis has disabled reputation
Default Turn signal relocation

I am going to relocate my front turn signals. I have decided to use the fork rings to mount them. The rings are like the ones Xena used. How do you get the OE signals apart to attach the new mounts. I can get the lens off but do not see how to get the reflector off for access to the bolt.

GLewis
Old 19th October 2006
Biker

ncst8er is an unknown quantity at this point

What year are you dealing with? On my '05, you loosen a setcrew that holds the balljoint into the clutch/brake housing. Once it's out, you will see a allen head on top of the swivel ball. Use an allen wrench to remove it from the housing (the female threads are cut into the housing, there is no bolt on the inside).
Old 19th October 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Glewis has disabled reputation

Thanks. It just did not look like the housong was threaded. I would have never figured that out until i removed it. I just do not like tearing into something and being suprised.

Glewis
Old 19th October 2006
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
GOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enoughGOTWA will become famous soon enough

I think Xena and I used the same ones. Don't go digging the guts out of the housing. The acorn nut will not work. Just use the stud.
Old 8th November 2006
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
trollingforwalleye is on a distinguished roadtrollingforwalleye is on a distinguished roadtrollingforwalleye is on a distinguished roadtrollingforwalleye is on a distinguished road

I would like to do this over the winter. What kit did you use? How much of a PITA was it. Some pics would be nice. My signals are kind of hid by my windshield bag.

I don't just ride a Harley.I pilot a SPORTSTER!!!
Know Thy Hog

Old 8th November 2006
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Clarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollingforwalleye
I would like to do this over the winter. What kit did you use? How much of a PITA was it. Some pics would be nice. My signals are kind of hid by my windshield bag.
Fish man, just over the past couple of days, there has been a very detailed thread about this...
Read it here...

I'm pretty sure GOTWA posted the part numbers in that thread, and there are pictures as well. Good luck!