The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Nightrider, jim wiseman (63), gone2dalake (61), bobzimm (58), JMan (47), csaintg (45), tinydawg (43), B.Curvin (43), eskiv (34), 05bluesportster (33), joka646 (30)
Foxcreek Leather
Superbrace.com
Zippers Performance
Hammer Performance

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
StabMasta has disabled reputation
Default What would my bike sell for?

I don't know where to post this so I'll give this a shot in here. I've been trying to post my bike on craigslist for 2 days and it keeps getting deleted. I've received a few answers and they said I'm asking too much and I have too many pictures up. What would be a fair priced based on the info below? I just rode a stock 1200 last weekend and my bike is easily twice as fast and looks better (imo).

-1993 Sportster 1200
-7000 miles
-1528 since rebuild
-bored over with cams
-new kevlar clutch
-new metzeler 880's
-S&S shorty carb
-fatbob tank / custom paint
-various mods (picture)

Thanks guys

Old 4th February 2009
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 2007 XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
DIESEL has disabled reputation

Nice looking scoot. I am in AZ also, but hate to tell you about 4 K tops. I know you have done a bunch of stuff to it, but with the market, especially in AZ flooded with bikes on Craigslist, I would say about 4 thousand.

I look at CL daily and most of the stuff on there is way overpriced, and listed again, and again and again.

It also depends on how bad you want to sell it.
Old 4th February 2009
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL View Post
Nice looking scoot. I am in AZ also, but hate to tell you about 4 K tops. I know you have done a bunch of stuff to it, but with the market, especially in AZ flooded with bikes on Craigslist, I would say about 4 thousand.

I look at CL daily and most of the stuff on there is way overpriced, and listed again, and again and again.

It also depends on how bad you want to sell it.
I don't need to sell it, but I would like to use the money to buy an enduro and to have some extra cash in the bank. I don't ever ride it and I have another project that could use some attention. Thanks for your input!
Old 4th February 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: still shopping
Sportster/Buell Year: ??
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR900
Other Motorcycle Year: 03
milesfromtexas is an unknown quantity at this point

TONS of bikes for sale right now...consumers aren't consuming. I would hold on to it for a few months and test the waters if you aren't getting any buyers....

WATCH OUT FOR NashuaHDmaster...he might want to "manipulate" the market so to speak...read his thread. It may come in handy for you.
"..and them Limey eyes. They were eyein' a prize, some people call manly footwear. They said you're from down south, and when you open your mouth, you always seem to put your foot there." Jerry Jeff Walker - London Homesick Blues

Last edited by milesfromtexas; 5th February 2009 at 00:01.. Reason: ooops
Old 5th February 2009
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Moved On / My Own Choice has disabled reputation

I was gonna say MAYBE $5-6k to the right buyer... MAYBE
Know Thy Hog

Old 5th February 2009
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
ShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the roughShadenGheist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabMasta View Post
I don't know where to post this so I'll give this a shot in here. I've been trying to post my bike on craigslist for 2 days and it keeps getting deleted. I've received a few answers and they said I'm asking too much and I have too many pictures up. What would be a fair priced based on the info below? I just rode a stock 1200 last weekend and my bike is easily twice as fast and looks better (imo).

DAMN!!!! If that thing will go 250 MPH, I'd have to say it's worth at least 20 grand...

My stock 1200 will do 125MPH... Easily.
Old 5th February 2009
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1968
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLC
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: FXSTD
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
superwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of lightsuperwarden is a glorious beacon of light

If you get 4500 for it, consider yourself lucky.
Old 5th February 2009
Sportster Fanatic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Z-1 (2 ea.)
Other Motorcycle Year: 1973
bh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of lightbh206b3 is a glorious beacon of light

Less in New Hampshire
Old 5th February 2009
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadenGheist View Post
DAMN!!!! If that thing will go 250 MPH, I'd have to say it's worth at least 20 grand...

My stock 1200 will do 125MPH... Easily.
How bout quick? It was easily twice as QUICK!

Honestly, I had never ridden a stock 1200 before last weekend. It was a TURD to say the least. I was much happier with my bike after riding that slug.

Thanks for your help, guys.
Old 5th February 2009
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
jamesr242 is on a distinguished roadjamesr242 is on a distinguished roadjamesr242 is on a distinguished roadjamesr242 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabMasta View Post
I don't know where to post this so I'll give this a shot in here. I've been trying to post my bike on craigslist for 2 days and it keeps getting deleted.
I went through this same thing when I was selling my VTR1000. For some reason when you use your own image hosting and have lots of pics people assume it's a scam and flag it. Just use their picture hosting and it won't get deleted anymore. Your bike looks sick BTW. How come it needed a rebuild with only 7,000 miles total on the bike?
Know Thy Hog