The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
wallylach (63), cob (60), decman (58), djhannu (52), Vaughn, irishhog (45), dangjalopy (41), earthoverdrive (36), edman87k5 (35), 79iron (32), mr_anti_chrome
Zippers Performance
CV Performance
Foxcreek Leather
Figure Machine

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda cb 400 bobber
Other Motorcycle Year: 78
YO MUDA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pre painted tank and fenders

Anybody know a site where I can get pre painted fenders and gas tank. I know of Sinister.com but are there any others?
Thanks
Old 30th November 2006
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

Attitude Custom painting.....go to Google and take a look. I got my tins through them and they are great to work with.
Old 30th November 2006
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: '73 Yamaha DT175
DEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the roughDEANER is a jewel in the rough

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE ABOVE COMPANY

http://www.customflamepainting.com/
start with the words "Nice Harley".
Old 30th November 2006
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

E-ghey is a good start, cumstomflamepainting they have tins but require a core replacement or they sell outright at a premuim cost, check your local painting scene maybe able to find a good local for a the right price depending on what your likes and dislikes are.

Always Wally world they carry a variety of blacks in satin or flat

When life throws a curve...lean into it and open the throttle

Riding Through Life One Mile At A Time!!!
Old 2nd December 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda cb 400 bobber
Other Motorcycle Year: 78
YO MUDA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link and ideas. Maybe get a bigger tank and different fenders. Damn, dicisions, dicisions.
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th December 2006
attitude01

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xllent01
E-ghey is a good start, cumstomflamepainting they have tins but require a core replacement or they sell outright at a premuim cost, check your local painting scene maybe able to find a good local for a the right price depending on what your likes and dislikes are.
xllent01,

Nice Sportster forum!

This is Scott Farrell from Attitude Custom Painting. I had a couple customers email me, and there seems to be some confusion on the core set.

We do not require a core set. If you want to buy a set outright (whether it's a new or used set), you can.

OR, if we have a used set in stock, we offer a FREE trade. A core charge is required on this, but of course, you get it back when we get your set.
Or, you can just buy the used set outright if you want to keep your original set.

As far as the "premium" we charge for a set, if you check with your local H-D dealer, you will find out that we are actually cheaper than H-D.

Also, of course if you buy a set from us, you don't have to pay to ship your tins down here. You also do not have to pay tax like you would if you bought locally. This goes the same for the paint job (no tax like if you did it locally).
You would have to pay shipping though, which normally only runs about $45-$65 which is cheaper than the tax you would pay for the tins and the local paint job.

Thanks!
Scott Farrell
Attitude Custom Painting
Old 4th December 2006
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
socal1200R has disabled reputation

Check eBay, or maybe ask around the local HOG chapter and see if they have any recommendations. I picked up a complete set of extra pieces off eBay (two fenders, tank, side covers) for about $350, and shipped them up to a guy in CT for the chameleon flames paint job (saw his auctions on eBay). With shipping, it cost me another $650, so I got everything done for about a grand. HD doesn't even offer a flamed set for all 5 pieces for the 1200R, and the one they had for just the three pieces (no side covers) was almost $2K! That extra $1K I saved I put to good use (HD oil cooler, RamFlo 400, RB Racing 2-1 pipe, etc). I'd suggest getting an extra set of tins first and having those repainted, that way you always have the stock factory-painted pieces.

'05 Sportster 1200R: HD headlight fairing and chin scoop; Wilwood 4-piston calipers; HD Thunderstar wheels, full-floating rotors, s/s brake lines; lots of black parts incl RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust; fork boots, handlebars, mirrors, misc hardware; black HD air shocks; black HD oil cooler; RamFlo 400 a/c; custom black paint with chameleon flames; etc.

Last edited by socal1200R; 4th December 2006 at 14:26..