The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006)
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006) This area is to discuss issues, problems and anything else unique to the 2004 and above Sportster motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2006
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
jgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nicejgaither is just really nice
Smile microTach for 04+ sportsters!

Guys and Gals,

I like many of you have been wanting a tach on my 04 XL1200C. After a couple prototypes, I am almost ready for production on the microTach.

It is a small 1.5"x0.75" 2 digit Tach which utilizes the Serial Data bus of the newer sporty's.

I am managing to keep the price down compared to other alternatives at only $149. I am working out the details right now on molding it into a rubberized sealed unit. Once I have that; I can start shipping.

I was hoping to get some no-payment preorders to help me gauge initial demand and schedule builds with a little less risk. I'm using my own $$ to start this up.

Please visit www.speedwayinstrument.com and check it out. And as always, I appreciate any comments and feedback.

Thanks,

Justin
Old 5th December 2006
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: gone
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Quebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond repute

OK, that looks really interesting. Might have to put money aside for one.
Old 5th December 2006
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Year: 05
CBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud of

I already have the harley mini tach so I will not be buying one. I am just bumping up the thread for you. However, to be honest, if you offered that when I was looking for a tach I would have bought it. It is compact, effective, and is a huge weight saver over the Harley Tach. Great Job.

Where do you plan on people installing it on their bikes to make it visible?
Old 5th December 2006
Biker

Likestoeatpaste has disabled reputation

Got my attention!
Old 5th December 2006
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XL Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
rshute4 has a spectacular aura aboutrshute4 has a spectacular aura aboutrshute4 has a spectacular aura aboutrshute4 has a spectacular aura aboutrshute4 has a spectacular aura aboutrshute4 has a spectacular aura aboutrshute4 has a spectacular aura aboutrshute4 has a spectacular aura aboutrshute4 has a spectacular aura about

I'm interested... make sure you have good installation instructions!
Old 5th December 2006
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
kntalan has disabled reputation

i have a 2003 xlh 1200 that has a tach and speedo already. but is there any chance you can develop a micro tach and speedo to replace my existing speedo and tach? Maybe you can use the existing wireing hookups and just plug in to your new micro stuff? I would be interested in that...it sure would clean up the look of the bike arround the handlebar area.

Thanks and have a good one...Tom
Old 5th December 2006
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
typerighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a suggestion, I would create a gold sample and ask someone from the forum to install it, use it, and then write up a review. I've never seen anything like your tach and would like to see how it performs in the real world of installing/riding. It would also save you money in the long run -- a couple bad "first impressions" because of some, small overlooked QC could ruin future sales. Allowing some of the people here to help test it out in the world will go a long way to quell doubts about being "early adapters."

I really like your tach as an idea though. Looks good.

Old 5th December 2006
Flag slathered retard

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
The guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the roughThe guy with the 883C is a jewel in the rough

Nice idea, and a reasonable price. Especially if the purchaser can read & understand your supplied installation instructions.
The only thing that popped out at me was if the brightness can be changed for day vs. night.
Hate to have a really bright set of numbers flipping up & down while trying to concentrate on night riding...

The guy with the 883C, from up here in the northwest.
Old 5th December 2006
Biker

USMC_Davii is on a distinguished roadUSMC_Davii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaither
Guys and Gals,

I like many of you have been wanting a tach on my 04 XL1200C. After a couple prototypes, I am almost ready for production on the microTach.

It is a small 1.5"x0.75" 2 digit Tach which utilizes the Serial Data bus of the newer sporty's.

I am managing to keep the price down compared to other alternatives at only $149. I am working out the details right now on molding it into a rubberized sealed unit. Once I have that; I can start shipping.

I was hoping to get some no-payment preorders to help me gauge initial demand and schedule builds with a little less risk. I'm using my own $$ to start this up.

Please visit www.speedwayinstrument.com and check it out. And as always, I appreciate any comments and feedback.

Thanks,

Justin
I like it. I want to get a tach but don't like the cost associated from HD. How easy would this be to install?

And of course, as suggested earlier I would be willing to be your tester.

Good work.
Old 5th December 2006
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant future

I think I want one. Notify me when they are available