The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Zipper's Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
jojo, 5lv (66), BobbyB (60), BigBrotherWatching (52), black1200r (45), Jnomad72 (42), michigan113 (39), xl1200c (33)
S&S Cycle
Motor Stage
Superbrace
Superbrace.com

Dead Creek Cycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2006
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
rodhotter has disabled reputation
Default XL1200S forks ordered thanks xl forum &trak-tek

after reading many posts i decided to go all out, i ordered the sport forks from benjy's,thanks thunderpaw,saved me a few $$$, thanks to chris at trak-tek for answering some questions,i can put the $$$ saved on the wilwood calipers they sell, i was thinking dual ,but checked out the mounting ,i need 4 holes drilled and tapped in the hub,anyone do this,or do i need wheel from a roadster, are the hubs same except for mounting holes on both sides THANKS EVERYONE i dont always post but i always read the GREAT INFORMATION HERE
Old 7th December 2006
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883/1250 Stage3
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell S1 White Lightning
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1998
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW K1300S
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
cjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nicecjburr is just really nice

Do you have a cast wheel or spokes ??The stock cast wheels have the holes you need on both sides. 04 and up should work and maybe earlier.
Old 7th December 2006
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200L
rodhotter has disabled reputation

no, i have laced,i noticed the cast wheels on some pics looked like they had 4 holes on the right,i seen some other posts on this,i believe i can drill and tap the necessary holes,i will use the rotor as a template,afterall the factory does the same, with more sofisticated equipment