The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Drivetrain > Sportster Motorcycle Transmission, Clutch, Primary & Secondary Drive
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Transmission, Clutch, Primary & Secondary Drive Transmission, Clutch and primary or secondary drive problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Durockrolly (56), xlch1973 (52), ehenry (50), 100thHugger (49), evobrian (47), jethrosurfs (42), Chris B. (38), Ebmomma (38)
Biltwell
DK Customs
Hammer Performance
Biltwell

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Aldra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Broken 4th gear

I already mentioned it in an other thread. But I wanted to put it in here and also wanted to ask if anybody else had this problem in the past.

My XLH1200 1994 - lost the 4th gear. While I was riding in the 4th gear it jumped our suddenly. When I tryed again to put it, I was in the neutral. Changing to the next gear I had the 5th one. I tryed carefully to go through all the gears, and could do it without any problems. 1, 2, 3, neutral 5th. Well, it was clear there is a big problem. As I heard no specially noise comming from the transmission (with the Screamin Eagle II I nevver heard some noise from the engine) I decide to drive home carefully. In the garage I began to take a way the primary case and I already saw the pices. Finally I pulled out the gearbox and saw that the shifter fork for the 4th gear and the gearsprocket 1st gear was broken. Well I already ordered them and still waiting to get it and to fix it.

On my page under vvv.drapela.ch/GETRIEBE (you will have to change the "v" against "w". It doesn't work otherwise) you can see how it was.

I will tell you when its finished.

Ciao ALex
Old 7th December 2006
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XLH 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1986
Jason's Sporty is on a distinguished roadJason's Sporty is on a distinguished roadJason's Sporty is on a distinguished roadJason's Sporty is on a distinguished roadJason's Sporty is on a distinguished road

any pictures? I have a few up from when I lunched the main shaft and sprocket on my 86 but that was last year,I have no idea where the post is.
Old 7th December 2006
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Aldra is an unknown quantity at this point

the pictures are under drapela.ch/GETRIEBE

by