The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Chopper & Bobber Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Chopper & Bobber Talk Talk about your Sportster motorcycle chopper or bobber!!.

Members Birthdays
black pearl (70), SDREDD (53), pig (51), BonRu (49), cbass (41), ssm7530 (39), SxysCowboy (31)
Biltwell
Biltwell
Bison Motorsports
Bison Motorsports

Sky Smith Insurance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1973
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi G5 V1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 1982
Italian John has disabled reputation
Default Outlaw Sportster?

I was warming up in front of the local starbucks today..leaning on my bike and a patrol car puled into the space behind it..he walked into starbucks and came back out a few minutes later.. he started checking out The LAst Ride...my bobchop. He said " Cold out today to be riding .."I said " well at least its dry" " where is your speedometer? " He asks .. I point at the radar gun on the dash of his car ' Right there officer, accurate as a mother " He laughed and said.." All the lights work ?" I said "YUP both of them,",,, " No turn signals ?? he said" I held up my hands and said " Book says these will work " I grinned , he grinned back. he says " And i guess instead of a horn you just scream LOOK OUT ! , when you need to " I smiled...
" SHould I ask to see your license or since I get off duty in 20 minutes would I be screwing up my day ? " I looked at my watch and smiled.... he rolled his eyes shook his head and walked back to his car, coffee in hand, fired it up and rolled on.
Old 18th January 2007
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 1989
Other Motorcycle Model: 83 xs 650 yam
Other Motorcycle Year: 83
obinella will become famous soon enoughobinella will become famous soon enoughobinella will become famous soon enoughobinella will become famous soon enoughobinella will become famous soon enoughobinella will become famous soon enough

every so often you run into a good one!
Old 18th January 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Roadster For Me!
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL 883 For the Wife!
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki JetSki STX-12F
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Renegadez has disabled reputation

LMAOooo You are so lucky if it had me they would had drawn their gun slammed me against thier car and cuffed me and stuffed me faster then Roscoe P. Coltrain!!
Old 18th January 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
rokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enough

"good spark + good air intake + good exhaust = horsepower + torque = fun!" Originally Posted by 883rnh
Old 18th January 2007
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Mustang GT
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
XL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura aboutXL O.C.D. has a spectacular aura about

You're luckier than I would've been. Good story.
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th January 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: FLSTN
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Crusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really niceCrusin_w00kie is just really nice

I lol'd. Here's the problem, you were parked, with your chopped Sporty, by a sta cks.

He wasn't sure if you were getting coffee, or getting ready to rob teh place. : )

Last edited by Crusin_w00kie; 18th January 2007 at 05:47.. Reason: edit
Old 18th January 2007
BT Heathen

Sportster/Buell Model: FLHTPI
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Casper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to beholdCasper is a splendid one to behold

Like Obinella said, you must've found a good one at the right time; ya got lucky. Was it a local or a state cop? Don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but out here the locals generally take it easy, but the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) seem to have a hard-on for us. At least the locals are nice enough to just tail us while they run the plates rather than pull us over every bloody time.

I need more Plan B's in my life. Plan A rarely works as advertised.
Old 18th January 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
rokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enoughrokclmb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
...the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) ...
So if there's more than one of them do you call them OPPs?
Old 18th January 2007
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: One Off
Sportster/Buell Year: '95
Other Motorcycle Model: Electra Glide Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: '03
Johnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to behold

"most" of the cops around here are all cool....a lot of them ride! They seem to pay more attention to the crotch rockets, and Honda cars with fart can exhausts and shopping cart handle wings.
Old 18th January 2007
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: roadking classic
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
bud095 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wolf View Post
"most" of the cops around here are all cool....a lot of them ride! They seem to pay more attention to the crotch rockets, and Honda cars with fart can exhausts and shopping cart handle wings.
shopping cart handle wings i love it!