The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum CV Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
S&S Cycle
Get Lowered
BIKE BUILDER
Biltwell

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th April 2009
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
andweagree is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Big City Thunder- thunder monster installed... results.

About a month ago I put a set of Paugcho 40" slash cut drags on my 08" xl883, although it sounded great I was left thinking "yeah they were right about it falling on it's face in the low end". Although it wasn't as bad as changing the a/c and running slip ons without a fuel management system it definitely was enough to bum me out. I had drilled the pipes 2.5" in and used an eyebolt to try the lolipop mod from the get go. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed with much else aside from the price (2 bucks). My brother ordered me up a set of the 1 5/8 ID Thunder monsters from BCT. When I was given them I looked at them and thought "sh*t, are you serious... there's no way this is going to give me my torque back and def. no way it's going to change the sound!" Well what do I know? Saturday I didn't have much time so I just stuck them in the 2.5" holes I had drilled, noticed a pleasant change in tone, still loud but more bassy/rumble, a significant improvement on the low end. Sunday I took the pipes off and redrilled the suggested 6" into the pipe. Thew them back on and WOW! The bike is def. a tad quieter then just the straight pipe only because it is no longer a high pitched crackly sound, the idle is a low rumble and when it's under a load it has a nice war cry. The ride home back to the city from the burbs was one of the best rides I've had all year, reminded me of when I first got my bike, tons of torque and the bike didn't chirp or burp at all. I was sceptical at first but like their site says, they do everything they claim to and are def. worth the $80.
Old 7th April 2009
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
meteor545 is on a distinguished roadmeteor545 is on a distinguished roadmeteor545 is on a distinguished roadmeteor545 is on a distinguished road

was the difference between having them on the end and in 6 inches big?
Old 7th April 2009
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
andweagree is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say it was considerable. definitely glad I took them off and re drilled, sounds and performs better.