The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
883 Sportster
Lowbrow Customs
RYCA Motors
Figure Machine

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FJR 1300
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
JohnT has disabled reputation
Default Is the Nightster a Hit?

Apparently so. I took a 200 mile ride yesterday (it was in the high 70s here) and stopped at three Harley dealers. They each received one Nightster last week and sold them immediately, in one case, in two hours. Considering that the bike market is kind of slow right now, that's pretty impressive. If this holds true for other areas of the country, I guess Harley's going to sell loads of these.
Old 18th February 2007
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 CUSTOM
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
hog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura about

stoped by my dealers and they had one they were putting to gether. the black one nice little hot rod.if exil built a sporty that thing would be close i would buy one but the wife would kill me.think it would look good with min apes.
Old 18th February 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 883 Deluxe
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
Terry C. is on a distinguished roadTerry C. is on a distinguished roadTerry C. is on a distinguished roadTerry C. is on a distinguished road

My boss wants one. He's selling his blinged-out V-Rod (and taking a bath, but he's sick of it) and wants a Nightster.
Old 18th February 2007
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
gymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura aboutgymrat523 has a spectacular aura about

They look great, a little to low for me
Old 18th February 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
dakota_dj is on a distinguished roaddakota_dj is on a distinguished road

Looked at and set on a black one the other day at the local dealer. I would not waste my time or money on one of those bikes. It may be a type of bike for some but for me I think the bike sucks. I did not pay that much for my 05 Custom as they want for the Notster. I think it is way too much money for that bike and I think it looks stupid.
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th February 2007
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Hugger 883/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
maddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura aboutmaddog has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota_dj View Post
Looked at and set on a black one the other day at the local dealer. I would not waste my time or money on one of those bikes. It may be a type of bike for some but for me I think the bike sucks. I did not pay that much for my 05 Custom as they want for the Notster. I think it is way too much money for that bike and I think it looks stupid.
Over half the people in this forum have done, or plan to do, the mods that
the factory built into this bike. You are entitled to your opinion, but is it
necessary to insult other peoples taste by calling it stupid ?

Night Train + Street Fighter= NIGHT FIGHTER

MY GALLERY

"It's just a Sportster, but I'm saving up for a Big Twin."
That's like saying...
"It's just a Corvette, but I'm saving up for a Station Wagon."

STEPHANIE FELD
HOT XL MAGAZINE
SUMMER '97

He was asked, "Why do you ride?" He considered the question carefully for a few moments. "The Lean", he replied.
Old 18th February 2007
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1968
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough

I personally think apes, forwards and customs in general look , well, stupid. What I think doesn't matter because most people here think what I think is stupid. We all have different tastes. The Nightster is a masterpiece of marketing. I want one!
Matt
Old 18th February 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
dakota_dj is on a distinguished roaddakota_dj is on a distinguished road

maddog

If I think it looks stupid what else would I call it. I am not trying to insult anyone. Like you said it is my opinion.
Old 18th February 2007
JESTER Mafia-Hooligan Div

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 R
BWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
most people here think what I think is stupid.
Matt
If I think what I think is stupid then if I think what you think I think......does that make us Smart
I can't tell what I think about it until I actually see one in person. Some things I like about it from the pictures....some things I don't......but I like my Roadster....and some may think it's stupid....but I could care less (well maybe a little). Some think my fairing looks stupid.....I'm not in love with it either...BUT it sure makes it much nicer to ride at speed!
That doesn't make me stupid though.....the VO and Beer do that

Stuff: YES
Old 18th February 2007
Flat Track Champion

4banger has disabled reputation

I was at the dealer and they too just got one in. A elder lady was going to buy it, from what I saw. The license plate holder is a crack up the way you can kick it with your foot to fold it back so no one can see your plate. Very criminal in style. Must be part of the "bad boy" image.

Last edited by 4banger; 19th February 2007 at 00:57..
Know Thy Hog