The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 1  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
Zanzibar, stvmike (60), Leroywulf (56), Erik (53), SoCal Harley (48), drew96 (36), Reverend_d (34)
Lowbrow Customs
Bison Motorsports
Lickscycles
BIKE BUILDER

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 883 DLX
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha XS650
Other Motorcycle Year: 1975
sevens0n is on a distinguished roadsevens0n is on a distinguished roadsevens0n is on a distinguished road
Default Checking for an intake Leak ?

Does anyone know an easy way to check the intake manifold seal for leaks with the carberator off the bike? Are the seals in any way problematic on a Stock 93? They are brand new. As is the rest of the motor.

I tried to start my 93XL for the first time. And pretty much determined that I have carb problems. I would like to be able verify the manifold is sealed before I put it all back together. "After going through the carb that is"

I'm getting frustrated that I couldn't get it to run. Just want to try to cover all the bases before my next attempt.

Thanks....
1985 Corvette
1948 Cessna 140
Old 29th April 2009
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: BSA Lightning
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1966
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha xs750
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
t.c. Johnson has disabled reputation

I don't know of any good way with the bike apart. I don't know of a way that works well with it together.

Just put the gaskets in the way the factory manual describes it. It seems a$$ backwards but it seems to be the best way.
Old 29th April 2009
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1980
Sportster/Buell Year #2: XL
Dieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the roughDieselox4 is a jewel in the rough

Intake and exhaust gas leak tests

Best ways i have ever used. You will have to get the bike running thow. I used the Tape over the intake gaskets. Worked excellent

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...ad.php?t=39766

Mike