The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
stevervp, philvet (71), outlawreb (59), rabes56 (58), Bigmatt (56), Beaker666 (50), hippiemwc (50), wumm883c (48), 2wheeltodd (47), israel (42), Stitch (37), Dekooy (31), Ameri-Deutsch (30)
Foxcreek Leather
BIKE BUILDER
Figure Machine
Energy One Clutches

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Massdog05 has disabled reputation
Question Exhaust Flanges

So my bike came with drags. They used the flanges from the orignal pipes for the drags. Now how do I get the flanges back on the stock pipes to put them back on when I do the gronk mod? Orignal exhaust wasn't ground down or anything, so I can't see how they got them off in the first place, let alone how I'm gonna get them back on and how they will hold the pipes in.

Performance: 05 1200C Heads Dual-Plugged, SE 7500RPM Ignition Module, Andrews N8's, SE A/C & High-Flow Filter, Port-Matched Intake Manifold, Homemade Breather Kit, Thunderheader Exhaust, High Flow Petcock,

Aesthetic: black motor, wide-glide 39mm triple trees, braided stainless lines, 1200L handlebars w/ internal wiring, Corbin Dual-Tour with driver backrest, sissy bar/pad, HD bullet turn signals, bottom mount headlight, HD teardrop mirrors, mid controls with highway pegs, o-ring pegs, turn signal relocation bar, Kuryakyn R.B.T. module, homemade lay down license plate, high output horn & 1200C cover, l-to-r derby cover,
Old 17th March 2007
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Wifes 883 Custom
Other Motorcycle Year: 2001
pres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the roughpres41 is a jewel in the rough

Massdog:

There is a snap ring that allows the flange to come off the pipe, pull the flange back toward the pipe end and the snap ring should come out of the flange and also you will see the ridge on the head end of the pipe where the snap ring seats.
Super Low Bars, and Whats a Harley without bling
Old 17th March 2007
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLC1200
DC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really nice

Yup, and wear safety glasses when you do it. You will find out why
DC
Old 17th March 2007
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883/1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 03
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLSTF FATBOY
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 07
Rob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura aboutRob Henderson has a spectacular aura about

I just clipped a small set of vise grips on one end or the clip....That kept the clip from flying across the way.
Old 17th March 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200S
Massdog05 has disabled reputation

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have to get something else before making the swap.
Know Thy Hog