The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical and Ignition
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Members Birthdays
jojo, 5lv (66), BobbyB (60), BigBrotherWatching (52), black1200r (45), Jnomad72 (42), michigan113 (39), xl1200c (33)
Lowbrow Customs
S&S Cycle
Licks Holiday
Energy One Clutches

Superbrace.com

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
addy76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oil Light Problem!!!!

I just got back from riding and my oil light flashed off and on and then wouldn't come on at all and when I turned my key to the off position and then back on and the oil light wouldn't come on. Then when I shake my bike up and down the light flashes. What could be the problem or problems that it could be? It is a 2006 XL883 Custom. Any info would be helpful!!!!
Old 17th March 2007
Biker

Moved On is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably sensor going bad. They are crappy sensors and need replacement often. They run about $15 for a sensor and maybe half hour labor to change. Check the connections first though. It could be a loose wire also.

Gazza
Old 17th March 2007
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GS 750 L
Other Motorcycle Year: 81
thatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud ofthatbikerguy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Probably sensor going bad. They are crappy sensors and need replacement often. They run about $15 for a sensor and maybe half hour labor to change. Check the connections first though. It could be a loose wire also.

Gazza
I agree. The same thing happened to mine...
Old 17th March 2007
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
davidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura about
Default yep what he said

yep I would check the wires, maybe oil or a film of corrosion on the connection bad connection fitting, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post

Gazza
Old 17th March 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Stratdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Oil Pressure Light

Same problem on my '03 1200 XLH. It happened at about 700 miles, it's come on 2 times since then (in 2000 mi.) but as long as the oil pumps and lubes the motor it's not a problem. Either a bad sensor or bad connection. I bought my Sporty last July with 350 miles on it in "new" condition. Not very many bad oil pumps with this little wear.
Know Thy Hog