The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > REGIONAL FORUMS > United States of America > Great Plains > Kansas
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Lowbrow Customs
Motor Stage
S&S Cycle
Hammer Performance

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2007
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1978
9fingerkustomz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have some free time...

Hello to the Kansas members! I was laid off on the 9th of March and am in the process of finding another job.....

In the mean time, with my days open and my garage empty, it is a great time for any of you wanting some mild to wild paint work done, new custom Tank or oil bag made, some new parts put on and you can't find the time to do it your self???

If any one in the KC Metro area is interested in having some work done, check out the web site - www.9fingerkustomz.com and give me a call.

Thanks,
Pat Dunnivan

'78 75th Anniversary Sporty
Kansas City, MO.
Old 24th March 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Rat Bastard
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL175-Rot'n Bastard
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
Scooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really nice

I put the word out. Just curious, what kind of work do you do? I'll keep an ear open.

edit: just posted it on my clubs web page.

Last edited by Scooter_Trash; 24th March 2007 at 01:15..
Old 24th March 2007
Greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedicXL View Post
I put the word out. Just curious, what kind of work do you do? I'll keep an ear open.

edit: just posted it on my clubs web page.
Thanks for doing that Rich! I can weld, bend and notch tubing (for making custom hard tails or alterations to frames), make custom handle bars, sissy bars and custom exhaust.

I have all sorts of equipment for metal working (Band saw, Lancaster Shrinker and stretcher, English wheel, Planishing hammer, ton of hammer and dollies, large shot bag and a bead roller also) I can custom make Fuel tanks, battery boxes, oil bags, fenders, seat pans, custom forward controlls... etc. I have a manual Lathe and Mill for doing one off parts like foot, shift and brake pegs, grips etc... in all sorts of metals (Aluminum, Brass, Copper and Steel).

I like Paint and body work (do a lot with PPG and HOK paints - and have access to just about anything as well as the water based Auto Air paint line up) and I use HVLP paint guns and dual action airbrushes (I'm not a mural painter, but can do just about anything else!!).).

I can do mechanical work, remove old components to swap out and install new items, wheel changes... etc. with the 8 tool boxes full of many, many hand tools as well as pneumatic tools.

Pat
Old 24th March 2007
Super Moderacer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLRR
Sportster/Buell Year: 91
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH1100
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 80
racerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant futureracerwill has a brilliant future

wow! thats quite a collection of skills and talents you have Pat....... hopefully before too long, you'll have so many customers at 9FK that you won't have time for a "real" job.....

I suppose the moniker 9 fingers has a story........ care to share that?

Ww

Blue Locktite..... I put that sh*t on everything.....

"never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence"

"All The Way"
Old 24th March 2007
Greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerwill View Post
wow! thats quite a collection of skills and talents you have Pat....... hopefully before too long, you'll have so many customers at 9FK that you won't have time for a "real" job.....

I suppose the moniker 9 fingers has a story........ care to share that?

Ww
I would not mind it one bit if I got real busy, but I just do it on the side to help keep over all cost down (for me and the customer) and to save up for my own projects and help pay for vacations.

9 Finger Kustomz, yes there is a story behind the name..... in mid '03 I was doing the fab work on the Mini Fireman Bike. All the frame work was done as well as the sheet metal work, so I needed to focus on the machining of the front wheel. I was about 22 hours into the manual machining on my Milling machine using a 8" rotary table to work the 3/4" thick 20" diameter aluminum center section of the wheel....... when I started getting blisters on my finger tips from all the hand turning and put on a pair of Mechanics Gloves. Some how I managed to have a split second "Dumbass" moment and got my gloved right hand to close to the 3/4", 6 flute end mill bit turning at about 3000 RPM. I felt my arm get yanked and at the same time the machine stopped dead and the lights went out in the garage. Out of instinct I pulled my hand away and heard the machine spool back up with a Thump.......thump....thump..thump.thump thumpthumpthump and the lights came back on. I immediatly turned off the machine and looked at the bit covered in part of the glove. Then I looked down at my hand, I could see the finger but new it was not right.

It was severed and pulled from my hand about 6 inches, there was no saving it because of the damage done to the bone and ripped tendons. So now I can only count to 9 using my hands! I figured that my making light of the situation could lend to a shop name that people would remember.

Pat
Know Thy Hog