The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > BUELL MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Buell Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Gennyred (64), Spatialanomaly (60), ColinB (54), HD1000XL (49), tub531
Biltwell
Motor Stage
Biltwell
Energy One Clutches

BIKE BUILDER

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2007
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
bmonty72 is on a distinguished roadbmonty72 is on a distinguished roadbmonty72 is on a distinguished roadbmonty72 is on a distinguished roadbmonty72 is on a distinguished road
Default Who here own a TT???

I went to a local Harley dealer today with intentions of checking the ergos on a Uly. Alas, the Uly was too tall for my vertically challenged legs(31" inseam). I could probably get used to the ride height, but it would take a while. Sitting just to the left was a brand new TT. I sat on it, just to see...AND WOW!!!!! My butt was sayin' "Hey that's kinda nice", the riding position was excellant and I can even deal with the (removable) number plates. So, who has one and what do you think....I have read a couple of online fluffy articles, but I would like some real opinions, please....
Old 29th March 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XB9R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: S2
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1995
Other Motorcycle Model: Laverda SF
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
bake has disabled reputation

A few guys on the Badweb have them and have good things to say about them.
Old 29th March 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

My buddy who is 6'3" and overly cramped (for how he likes to sit) on the Sportster or Superglide. He is looking very hard at the TT. It's a bit less money than the Ulysses and the easily removable number plates should double as supports for soft saddlebags. He test rode one and really enjoyed it.
Old 29th March 2007
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
bmonty72 is on a distinguished roadbmonty72 is on a distinguished roadbmonty72 is on a distinguished roadbmonty72 is on a distinguished roadbmonty72 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Wood View Post
My buddy who is 6'3" and overly cramped (for how he likes to sit) on the Sportster or Superglide. He is looking very hard at the TT. It's a bit less money than the Ulysses and the easily removable number plates should double as supports for soft saddlebags. He test rode one and really enjoyed it.
I was thinking the same thing about the number plate as saddle bag supports. Even if they could not be used, their mounting points could be used to fab up a bracket of some sort...