The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Sky Smith Insurance
DK Customs
Hammer Performance
Speedway Instruments

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2007
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: Rigid Chopper
Sportster/Buell Year: 1971
draygon eye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One Step Closer To Being Re-Done .... Finally Off The Stand

welp, if youve seen ym past posts, youve seen this bike the way i got it, the way i re-did it last year (first pic), and now almost done re-doing it again.
i have the front and rear fenders also, just didnt throw em on for the pic. all in raw steel, and all will remain that way, clear coated.

im just waiting on my cables and seat to get her back on the road.also have a custom built diamond plate oil tank on the way. an excellent fabricator from one of my club's affiliates is making it for me for the price of materials.

p.s. if your looking for a set of NOS Fubar exhaust like these, a guy on ebay has a few sets left . they were $150 plus shipping. a small price to pay for Ironhead exhaust, since the only pipes you can usually find are straights.
these have a 10" baffle in them, which can be removed. they look uber sweet as well.

Old 29th March 2007
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

draygon,

it is comming along very nicely, I like the pipes and the white wall tires, just a few more odds and ends and yer back on the road. nice work man.
Old 29th March 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1980
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDBi Street Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
OutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura aboutOutlawTexan67 has a spectacular aura about

Very good looking bike keep up the good work.
http://outlaws-iguana-ranch.com Outlaws Website

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh266/OutlawTexan67/My%20Ironhead/Gifs/BigRotatingSkull.gif "Ironhead Mafia" European Chapter
Old 29th March 2007
Master Custom Bike Builder

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough

Very nice job, it will be a very sweet ride.
Old 29th March 2007
Greasemonkey

thanks.
shortly after this post, my cables arrived.
so, im off to the beer store for "creative fuel" and gonna put another 4 or 5 hours into it tonight after work.

nice thing about working at a massive snowmobile, motorcycle, and atv salvage yard, is you can always find sumthing kool to fab, or if you just need a nut or bolt, there it is.

after having been into bikes since i was 6 years old (this is my 30th year as a rider) it just never gets tiring
Know Thy Hog

Old 30th March 2007
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Ironhead XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB Street Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
madhatterxlch is on a distinguished roadmadhatterxlch is on a distinguished roadmadhatterxlch is on a distinguished road

Pretty sharp I like your re done effort much better. Keep it between the ditches!
Old 30th March 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883H/1200H
Sportster/Buell Year: '96
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH 1000 w/elec. leg too
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '72
sportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant future

Your bike is looking good, except for the monkey bars. I like the first ones better, but it's not my bike either. Thank you for the pics.
Political Correctness never killed any terrorists.
Old 30th March 2007
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH 900
Sportster/Buell Year: 1970
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1985
kane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nicekane is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by draygon eye View Post
nice thing about working at a massive snowmobile, motorcycle, and atv salvage yard, is you can always find sumthing kool to fab, or if you just need a nut or bolt, there it is.
Yes Sir!
I used to work at a cars salvage yard and whatever you need, you find it there
The only problem I see about that is that it gets you kinda spoiled. If I`m missing a nut or bolt today I`ll have to wait until the stores open and go buy that nut I needed last night

Btw, raw steel is gonna look good on your bike.
Old 30th March 2007
Greasemonkey

thanks dude.
ya, raw steel just "finishes" what im looking for this time.
the bike was an original 70's chopper, not a modern day re-do.
so when i got it, she needed help.
the first year i went for a vintage street rod look, almost like an old model a joker.
now im leaning towards more of a road warrior theme, with the raw tins, apes, two into one exhaust, and a host of other changes ive made.
man, ya just gotta love these old scoots !
welp, im off to my club meeting, where i will have to put my buck in the jar for having another week go by where i didnt ride to the meeting hehehehe !!
hopefully, that buck will stay in my pocket next friday
Old 30th March 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Hot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud of

I really like what you've done, dude. The clearcoated raw steel rocks! Maybe one day I'll have the skills to do that!
Godspeed brother.

"I just love the 'mechanicalness' of it"
--Indian Larry Desmedt
Know Thy Hog