The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
jenks60 (59), Hammer of God (53), billas 100th (50), sam19 (49), ivory hunter (46), cumnz (45), TJ Willy (41), SINdicated (35), XRavenX (32)
Get Lowered
883 Sportster
Lowbrow Customs
Energy One Clutches

Lickscycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2007
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS 1250 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: Road King Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
tonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the rough
Default Another 2 into 1 exhaust post for 04-06 1250's

I also am checking out options for my 04 Custom.

I want a better performance 2 into 1, and here is some of perceptions.

Supertrapp, probably the best performer.....but, I loose that Harley sound.

Thunderheader, good performer, but hangs low and easy to drag in the twisty's.

Checking out D & D's and also the Reinharts, need to do some more home work here.

I guess, I want the whole package....Performance, Sound and looks !

I'm looking forward to hearing from all the 04-05 1250 conversion guys that have changed to a 2 into 1.
Also, very interested in CJ's tests.

04 NRHS 1250 Custom - Longhorns Orange

10.3-1 Flat tops, Stage 2 heads, Powdercoated black w/ highlighted fins, SE 497 cams, TC88A ignition w/ a custom Map, 2" HurricaneFlow intake, 1200 gearing, Energy One clutch, Progressive 418's and Progressive front springs, Mustang Vintage and loves oil.
aka " The Guzzler "

" A song needs to breathe. The rhythm needs to breathe. Sometimes the best way to get some punch out of something is to slow down right before you hit it. Kind of like a slingshot --- Pow "
SRV
Old 3rd April 2007
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

You have neglected to say whether or not you are going with forward controls. That will change your options. By the way, the supertrapp sounds pretty harlyesque with the right number of discs.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.
Old 3rd April 2007
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
bwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura about

I know you are anxious about getting a pipe, but wait until CJBURR returns to the Dyno. I am going to loan him my Python 2:1 for the runs and I am going to go with him as well and see how my Bassani Sweepers hold up with my 1212 Flat top conversion (performance valve work and chamber relief heads). I think he also has a Bassani 2:1 coming too. Should be some good info coming out of that day.
Old 3rd April 2007

tonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the roughtonyhds is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenralph View Post
You have neglected to say whether or not you are going with forward controls. That will change your options. By the way, the supertrapp sounds pretty harlyesque with the right number of discs.
Yes, I have the Custom, still has the forward controls.
I talked to bwheeler, and he said he hated the supertrapp, said it sounded like a honda
Old 3rd April 2007
Senior Chief Know It All

bwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura aboutbwheeler111 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenralph View Post
I had 20+ discs and it was pretty quite. Reminded me of a Honda. -- beat me to it.
Know Thy Hog

Old 3rd April 2007
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
seajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to beholdseajay is a splendid one to behold

The LSR 2-1 sounds nasty on a 1250 .
04/07 76"C NRHS #2 11:1 .590 cams TP rockers TC88A HSR-42 S&Sac LSR 2-1
Old 3rd April 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200 Custom
Woodycustom has disabled reputation

I have just put my V&H Pro-pipe off my 95 Hugger onto my 06 Custom. I had to fab a mounting bracket for the muffler, but no other issues. I like the sound and no clearance problems.

Bob
Old 4th April 2007
Biker

ChrisL_from_WI is an unknown quantity at this point

I just put the Python 2 into 1 on my '04- 1200 Custom today. The thing sounds pretty sweet in the shop, I didn't get to take it out yet, since it was raining and I wanted to get home. I think it looks real good, and went on pretty easy. It has a nice rumble at idle, and a bit of a cackle as you let off the throttle.

I might have to get some more tuning done, but it should be a blast to ride.
Old 4th April 2007

Be sure to post more info, once you get some miles on.