The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Licks Tanklift  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Drivetrain > Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Discuss issues with Sportster motorcycle tires, wheels and brakes.

Members Birthdays
collinsb (70), bulldog1200C (56), DrBlond (51), Moonpie (49), mercybeat (44), mogwai (40), Ratster, E.MCCOLLOM (37)
Superbrace
Energy One Clutches
Ironworks Magazine
Ironworks Magazine

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2007
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: This & That
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
hoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to all
Default Interesting fact

I was looking at tires to replace my rear tire after it picked up a nail. What I found out is, the Dunlop D401 with the Harley script on the sidewall was roughly $130.00, the Dunlop D404 is the exact same tire minus the Harley script on the sidewall price= $60.00. Just thought i'd post and maybe save somebody a few $$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUNLO...03210699QQrdZ1

Hooty
Old 8th April 2007
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
SpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Hoosier....isn't your HARLEY worth an extra $70???

"If you're looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Old Bubba of the Booze Junkies MC
Old 8th April 2007
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 C Black & Silver
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Mr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier xlc View Post
I was looking at tires to replace my rear tire after it picked up a nail. What I found out is, the Dunlop D401 with the Harley script on the sidewall was roughly $130.00, the Dunlop D404 is the exact same tire minus the Harley script on the sidewall price= $60.00. Just thought i'd post and maybe save somebody a few $$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUNLO...03210699QQrdZ1

Hooty

You got to be sheiting me?? Did you look at the seller?
He is not very popular anywhere, there is a sticky about him, I'm sure you've seen it
Jim
Making a F-550 Pick Up Thread
We are not near but we are close !
Amanda Overmyer Rocks !!
Dear Eliot
Eye Xray Here
Old 8th April 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sporsterXLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
boat_doc_8 is on a distinguished roadboat_doc_8 is on a distinguished roadboat_doc_8 is on a distinguished roadboat_doc_8 is on a distinguished road

Hey Hoosier, Great tip thanks. Thats a helleva savings.
Old 8th April 2007
Bike Builder

hoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJimi View Post
You got to be sheiting me?? Did you look at the seller?
He is not very popular anywhere, there is a sticky about him, I'm sure you've seen it
Jim

Jim I have seen the sticky and have bought from him, never had any problems, I know others have though. I wasn't posting ACM specifically, just giving a heads up so maybe when you go to your local tire place to get a tire you can inquire about the D404, and maybe save yourself a few greenbacks.

Hooty
Know Thy Hog

Old 8th April 2007
Old Fart M/C Club

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/NRHS 1250 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Bruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud ofBruce has much to be proud of

You gotta keep it 100% Harley or it won't run right, thats what the XL Forum God's say.
Member of "The Cell #2"
Old 8th April 2007
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 C Black & Silver
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Mr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Jim I have seen the sticky and have bought from him, never had any problems, I know others have though. I wasn't posting ACM specifically, just giving a heads up so maybe when you go to your local tire place to get a tire you can inquire about the D404, and maybe save yourself a few greenbacks.

Hooty
Don't get me wrong Hooty, I know lots of people have done good with him and lots have not, here is link to sticky
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...ad.php?t=40714

Jim
Old 8th April 2007
Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
You gotta keep it 100% Harley or it won't run right, thats what the XL Forum God's say.

That must be my problem!!! I stripped everything off of my bike that says HD, I like a nice clean looking ride without advertising for HD. I love HD's, but just not into plastering HD all over my ride, some people do and that's cool also.

Hooty
Old 8th April 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 06 883/1200 Sportster XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
cootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to allcootertwo is a name known to all

http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=612
Old 8th April 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Hot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud of

Quote:
That must be my problem!!! I stripped everything off of my bike that says HD, I like a nice clean looking ride without advertising for HD. I love HD's, but just not into plastering HD all over my ride, some people do and that's cool also.

Hooty

YOU'RE GONNA VOID YOUR WARRANTY!

Godspeed brother.[/B]

[B]"I just love the 'mechanicalness' of it"[/B]
--Indian Larry Desmedt[/SIZE]
Know Thy Hog