The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Lighting
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
DaddyJay, sixshooter (67), cartoad2001 (65), Dirty Ernie (59), bri1200c (51), pquirk (48), GOTWA (45), gremlinsteve (45), lbowles2 (43), Guess (35), rnaway22es, landon283 (26)
Sky Smith Insurance
Lickscycles
DK Customs
Motor Stage

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turn Signals Don't Blink

I Have An 2001 Xl883 Sportster With Stock Turn Signals And When My Bike Is Not Running, Just The Key On The Turn Signals Blink, But When I Run The Engine They Just Stay Illuminated, They Don't Blink Right Or Left Side, I Had A Run Brake Turnsignal Module In It Recently, But The Right Rear Run And Turn Signal Quit Working, The Right Front Would Work, But Not The Back, So I Unplugged It And Took It Out, And A Day Later I Started Having The Other Problem I Described In The Beginning, Does Anybody Have A Clue Whats Wrong With This ?? I Was Thinking The Turn Signal Self Canceler Module Is Bad ?? Any Help Would Be Appreciated, Thank You.... Bob..
Old 11th April 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha Virago XV 700
Other Motorcycle Year: 1987
Gold951 will become famous soon enoughGold951 will become famous soon enoughGold951 will become famous soon enoughGold951 will become famous soon enoughGold951 will become famous soon enoughGold951 will become famous soon enoughGold951 will become famous soon enoughGold951 will become famous soon enough

Loose connection at the trun signal module.
ICC USN (Ret.)
Old 12th April 2007

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

I Noticed The Rear Tire Rubbed The Right Rear Turn Signal Wires Under The Rear Fender, So I Fixed That Problem And Checked For Loose Connection And Any Other Messed Up Wires, And I Still Have The Same Problem !
Old 12th April 2007
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: '05
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage Softail Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: '11
trosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura about

I have the Kuryakn module on my bike and the module has a connection for the load equalizer, and a second connecter for a "blank" tail that basically just plugs in to seal off the connection ends. If the blank or the load equalizer are not seated all the way in the lights will either stay on solid, blink opposite to the turn, or flash without blinking.
Old 12th April 2007

I took my run stop turnsignal module out and just have it stock now, and my turn signals will not blink when i start my bike, they just stay illuminated, and dont blink, but they will blink when i have the engine off, and the key on, just for the heck of it i plugged my run turn stop module back in and the right rear light does not light up as a running light, and also doesnt blink, but my right front does blink, so i'm really stumped ?? i just want to put it back stock and have blinkers ...
Know Thy Hog

Old 20th April 2007

I went ahead and went to Harley and paid $132.00 for the turn signal module, got it today, put it in and it fixed my problem, now my blinkers blink when I hit them, even when the engines running, stoked they work again..