The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Dead Henry (70), iustabfast (63), dcinpa (61), jwursta (61), G-TIFF (59), TexasHarley (59), CROW (57), Darrell (56), dotom, H34TH3N (55), TessArooo
Main Menu
View Poll Results: Are ya happy with where ya live ? if not, where would ya like to live.
Yes 54 50.94%
No 36 33.96%
I would have to think about it ? 7 6.60%
Why are you still where your at if your not happy where you're at now? 6 5.66%
Please post other replies in thread 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2007
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Clarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of lightClarinetcat is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xena View Post
Something wrong to me about
places that never get cold. Imo we need the cold to periodically
kill off the old and start anew. I can get to the ocean or the mountains
(take your pick) in about an hour or less.
I have to agree with Xena... there is something about the four seasons that really makes me appreciate summers more and more each year. This part of Pennsylvania I have lived in for a decade now is a good place to live, but I do miss Boston and New England in general because you can get to the shore and wilderness/mountains fairly easily, with a fantastic historical and cultural city nearby.

Ironically enough Mr Jimi, I love Maine and would consider retiring there... the coastal areas are stunning, and upstate is beautiful. There is something to be said for the peaceful, serene quiet of the wilderness, away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world.

Mt. Kineo, Moosehead Lake, Maine

Moody Beach, Maine

Last edited by Clarinetcat; 20th April 2007 at 00:21.. Reason: Added Photos
Old 20th April 2007
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLC1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
DC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really niceDC in PHX is just really nice

No place better than the "Valley of the Sun" 82 degrees and severe clear!
DC
Old 20th April 2007
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 xlc-miss it
Sportster/Buell Year: 00
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB750F
Other Motorcycle Year: 78
bsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant futurebsporty has a brilliant future

I HATE it here.I live in Burlington,NJ.I have lived in the same towm my whole life.I want badly to move to North Carolina, but I cant afford to right now.

What does cheese say when it gets its picture taken?
Old 20th April 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

XLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this pointXLFREAK is an unknown quantity at this point

if i could, ide be in florida. maybe Mr.Jimi's neighbor
Old 20th April 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: Had a 1200 XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHTP Electra Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2011
Confused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud ofConfused89 has much to be proud of

I like southern Indiana. Who wouldn't like a town called Santa Claus? I can choose to ride on roads that are kind of twisty and some that are not. I also grew up near the Ohio river. Although it is twenty miles away from me when I am at home I still like to go down to it and watch the barges go by. Chances are that when I graduate in two weeks and "hopefully" get a job I will not be living in the same area or maybe even in the same state.
Old 20th April 2007
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 CUSTOM
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
hog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura abouthog rider has a spectacular aura about

really like it here in soutern utah.but it gets 100 to115 in the summer to hot to do anything in summer.so that said house is up for sale and moving north to salt lake city cooler in the summer more thing to do with kids. down side snow but the grand kids live there good side and the wifes family lives there to.
Old 20th April 2007
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Umm
Sportster/Buell Year: Yah
Other Motorcycle Model: UltraClassic Electraglide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2010
Ole is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to beholdOle is a splendid one to behold

I love Wisconsin through and through...that being said (after a career cut short in Uncle Sam's Club for Wayward Boys by some idiotic officer who didn't tie my anchor properly thus resulting in one hell of a fall and one dynamite PLF that didn't work causing five knee surgeries) my knees can't take much more of the ice/cold in the winter. I'm torn right now. My wife doesn't want to move anywhere unless it's by her family (west-central Illinois) and my body says, "Go south-west young (?!) man."

What's a guy to do?
Old 20th April 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Rat Bastard
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CL175-Rot'n Bastard
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
Scooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really niceScooter_Trash is just really nice

I'm in the metro KC area and I HATE IT!!! I've lived in every state from Maryland to Florida, also California, Kansas, and Missouri. I'd give anything to be back in VA or NC. CA wasn't bad, but there is just too many people. The only reason I'm still here is my wife was born and raised here and her family is here (which is good for my kids) and my job.
Old 20th April 2007
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883ST
Sportster/Buell Year: '06
Nodaclu will become famous soon enoughNodaclu will become famous soon enoughNodaclu will become famous soon enoughNodaclu will become famous soon enoughNodaclu will become famous soon enoughNodaclu will become famous soon enoughNodaclu will become famous soon enough

Spent most of my life in Northern California, and have been in Nevada for the past three years, Vegas for the past two of them.

For my money, give me any place that has plants that are actually green, and trees or shrubs that grow above my knees.

I could also stand living someplace where people actually smile once or twice a week. An occasional hello would just be an added bonus. This has to be one of the unfriendliest, shallow, superficial and just plain mean places on earth.

I hate it. Of course, I don't gamble, so much of the "allure" of Vegas is completely lost on me.

~Mike

EDIT: And I didn't even mention the endless boring straight roads, the 300 mile drive to any forest, cooler temps, or bodies of water besides Lake Mead, the 5 days that we hit 117 degrees last year, the numerous nights in July where it is over 100 degrees at MIDNIGHT, and the fact that backroads are almost non-existent, leaving I-15 as pretty much the only alternative to get into or out of town. Dodging tourists looking at everything on earth except the road really isn't my idea of fun.

Okay, rant over....for now.

Last edited by Nodaclu; 20th April 2007 at 02:12..
Old 20th April 2007
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Night Train
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
WinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enoughWinXP will become famous soon enough

MrJimi

I am quite different on the views of Fla. I was born an raised New Smyrna Beach, just 15 miles south of Daytona. Lived in the area till I was 27 when we moved to Augusta, Georgia for work. Fla is nice we go there a few times a year to see family. But is not a place I want to live again. Beech Island ,SC is right across the savanah river form Augusta, Ga or 4 miles. The weather here is just as good as Jacksonville area, can ride year round. But we have no rust from salt in the air from ocean breeze. An never salt the roads around here should it snow which may happen once every 7 to 8 years an only last for a day if lucky. No mosquito or sand nat, got to love them little buggers, LOL.

weather
http://www.wunderground.com/US/GA/Augusta.html
09 Dyna Street Bob