The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Drivetrain > Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Discuss issues with Sportster motorcycle tires, wheels and brakes.

Members Birthdays
yeller1200, IronMick (72), painter (65), motobob883 (62), rickxx (60), MRCLEEN (42), Wetcheez (41)
Lickscycles
Licks Holiday
Lowbrow Customs
BIKE BUILDER

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2007
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Goshawk is on a distinguished roadGoshawk is on a distinguished roadGoshawk is on a distinguished roadGoshawk is on a distinguished road
Default High Performance 19" Tires

So far I can only find Cruiser, Touring, or Sport/Touring tires for a 19" rim. I am looking for Supersport or Sport tires for the 19'' front wheel. I did find the Avon Venom but that still is a 25 year old design. Does anyone know of any high performance tires that will fit a 19 inch front wheel?
Old 21st April 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Gone...
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: The Beast (M109R)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
snowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud of

I wasn't aware that the Venom was an old design..... Couple guys here run them and really like them. Dunlop has a special version of the D207ZR that's used on the VROD that you might look into.....

***RIP***
--Mr. JIMI
--JOHNNY G
--BryanEOD
Old 21st April 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Quadcab666 is on a distinguished roadQuadcab666 is on a distinguished road

I just bought Avon Venoms for my '03 1200... I love the way they ride

Old 21st April 2007

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
biknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Dunlop has a special version of the D207ZR that's used on the VROD that you might look into.....
Water Boys run 120's and have wider rims than a Sportster. You might look at these,
Dunlop GT501 57V 100/90V19 Front Tire
Completely stock except for, Branch #5 heads & 10.5:1 JE pistons, Red Shift V531 cams, S&S Super E, ThunderJet, V&H Sideshots, S&S Flywheels, Dyna 2000i, Stortz 55mm Inverted Fork, JMC Swingarm, Works Performance 12.5" Shocks, PM 4 Piston, PM wheels, 18 x 150 R tire, Custom Belt Drive Conversion, Still Has Original Nut Behind The Bars
Old 21st April 2007

Sportster/Buell Model: Gone...
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: The Beast (M109R)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
snowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud ofsnowman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Water Boys run 120's and have wider rims than a Sportster.

good one....
Know Thy Hog