The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Military Vets, Active Duty, Reserves
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Military Vets, Active Duty, Reserves This area is for veterans and military members of all countires can discuss vet issues.

Members Birthdays
883 Sportster
Get Lowered
Lowbrow Customs
Fix My Hog

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2007
The XL Forum Host

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1250 Stage 2
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
bplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant future
Default So long Hanau......

It was announce last week that there will be no more Army units in Hanau, Germany by the end of next year.

Many of you that are Army vets have either been stationed in the Hanau area or at least partied there once or twice.

To joggle your memories here are the names of the Kasernes in the Hanua area.

Argonner
Armstrong
Underwood
Pioneer
Hutier
Yorkhof
Wolfgang
Grossauheim
Fliegerhorst (Already Closed)
Campo Pond Training Area
Francois
Hanau Rod and Gun Club

I would had never had met my wonderful wife if I had not been stationed in Hanau. It is sad to know that soon the Kaserne gates will be closed and locked only one more time.

XLF on FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/XLFORUM

AMA #961454
MY GALLERY

02 883 > NRHS 1250 Stage 2 - Nasty Nancy

Last edited by bplinson; 22nd April 2007 at 08:29..
Old 22nd April 2007
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: sporty custom xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Frapper has disabled reputation

Sniff.... the times they are ah changing.
Nukes changed the world...Thank God we had em and only used them once.... so far
[url]http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=213[/url]

Somtimes I think of Tweeter, sometimes I think of Jan, somtimes I think of nothing but the Monkey Man.... Dylan
Old 22nd April 2007
Knows a thing or two

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud ofSporting Lad has much to be proud of
Default I remember Hanau

I was stationed in FULDA in the early 60s in the 14th Armored Cav.
We used to send our laundry down to Hanau. It's true.
We had only one Kaserne in Fulda. It was known as "The Kuh-SERN".
Fortunately for me I'd had two years of high school German which enabled
me to "get by" in the language whilst working on my beer drinking stamina.
Sometimes it felt as though the Schutzenfest was directed by Fellini. Those
are the only times I ever hallucinated on beer.
It would've been wild riding a Sportster over there back then. All they had was mopeds.
So, if Germany is closing, where will you go? Will you still be 'Germany Bert'?

Prosit !

Tom
Wiseco K1655s; Joker Machine AC; SE 'SP' muffs w/ Cycle Shack baffles; OEM SHOCKS on Tamarack -1" blocks; Metz 880s (110x19; 160x15) on laced wheels; Progressive fork springs; 4.5 gal tank; ReddTigger Mod Gauge Mount System...

See thread http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1102057 for a "pictorial history".
Old 22nd April 2007
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883 Tax's paid
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
tcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the roughtcspannerwrench is a jewel in the rough

i was in central Germany in the 80's but do not recal Hanau, i did have a moped though my company comander made me sell my bike (something about not getting a lisence and dont even think about it now)

its a shame they are backing out of Germany i think its a great expiriance for a young man to spend some time over there
Old 22nd April 2007
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xl
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Martyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the roughMartyvz is a jewel in the rough

I was stationed in Heidelberg, Kaiserslautern and Bermerhaven. I think I had too much drink in Hanau once........I think.
Know Thy Hog

Old 22nd April 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 3
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph Bonny
Other Motorcycle Year: 70
streetfighter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was stationed on Fliegerhorst for 3 1/2 years in the late 80s. It was a great area to be in.
Old 25th April 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a-berg

bummer i think it was pioneer kasern maybe,i was in aschaffenberg from '84-86 and again from '88 to '91, any way it was the kasern that had the brand new ( at the time) px on it lol around 89 i guess or '90 any way lots of memories from 5 yrs in bavaria
Old 25th April 2007
The XL Forum Host

bplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant future

That is Wolfgang Kaserne with the PX. It is about 3 KM down the road from Pioneer.
Old 25th April 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200R (totalled
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDC
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
PlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant futurePlanB has a brilliant future

Is Pirmasens still active militarily, Bert? I did four years there as an Army brat and thought that area was pretty cool...ages 9-13...I was born at the 97th General Hospital in Frankfurt if that's still there...it would qualify as a historical building if it is still there!

Hanau in April, 1951 at 1315hrs

Some fantastic pictures of Hanau for those who'd like to reminence:

www.usarmygermany.com/USAREUR_City_Hanau.htm
Old 25th April 2007
The XL Forum Host

Not much in Pirmasens. There is a maintenance depot where only German LNs work and a medical equipment maintenance facility.
Know Thy Hog