The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > REGIONAL FORUMS > United States of America > Northwest > Washington
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Bison Motorsports
DK Customs
Get Lowered
Burly

883 Sportster

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2009
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: '05
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage Softail Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: '11
trosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Snohomish/Sultan bike show this weekend

Is anyone planning on going to the show this weekend (Sunday). Since it was cancelled in Snohomish ABATE moved it to Sultan as a mini-event (part of the Sultan shindig). Here's the link: http://www.snohomishbikeshow.org/
Old 11th July 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Mok1953 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: bike show in sultan

yeah, I guess I can go. I live in Sultan, what the hey?
Old 11th July 2009
Chief Know It All

trosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura abouttrosga1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok1953 View Post
yeah, I guess I can go. I live in Sultan, what the hey?
Gonna be a long ride there for you Mok . How bad is the road torn up between Monroe and Sultan?
Old 11th July 2009
Biker

Between Sultan and Monroe it's like riding on grated bridge deck with mild knobbies for 5 miles. Unless the traffic stops, then you get a break. Count on traffic stopping, too. Where do you live?
Old 11th July 2009
Chief Know It All

I'm just over in Mill Creek. Gonna run down to Highway 522 and then into Monroe. I'm thinking of leaving here around 10 or so and should be tooling into town around 11 (allowing for traffic).
Know Thy Hog

Old 11th July 2009
Biker

Maybe I'll run into you then, I have a yellow/black 95 sporty 1200. I was thinking of riding my bicycle, actually, need to get some cardio done. What does your bike look like?
Old 12th July 2009
Chief Know It All

Mine's an '05 with a black fiberglass batwing fairing (hoppe industries) and corbin fiberglass saddlebags, and custom paint from Mike Lavallee up at Killerpaint in Snohomish (pic below). I'm probably going to enter it in the show, never have won a category but what the heck.

Old 12th July 2009
Biker

I was down there taking pics, rode the yellow sporty. This is why I don't obsess on my bike's appearance, rain! I'm going back in a few, after the camera recharges. Not a whole lot of folks there, but some interesting ones. There was a cool chopped ironhead Sporty with red-leather tank and bags and seat on a white frame. Not a big buck bike, but had a lot of style, IMHO.
Old 13th July 2009
Chief Know It All

I ended up not going. As soon as the storm started I went into honeydo mode and ended up doing electrical work around the house.

Next weekend (7/19) there is a show sponsored by cyclebarn at the mill creek festival (www.millcreekfestival.com). Now I just have to figure out how to be there and at the State Little League tournament (my son is in that) at the same time.
Old 13th July 2009
Biker

Next week go to your son's game, it's more important than machinery. Here's a link to photos I took of the most interesting bikes. A nice ironhead sporty chopper, a crazy rat sporty and an artistic sporty ridden by an old hippie chick, from the looks of it. Plus an Indian Super Scout parallel twin, a Norton Commando, a Naked Wing, and lots of choice hogs. Oops, can't put a link in here, so use your imagination as to the three letters that go in front of

eons.com/photos/profile/531696/stream/profile/all[/url]

and paste into browser
Know Thy Hog