The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Lighting
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
seajay, Hugh Betcha (68), jimhd89 (65), JayFL459 (65), Big Al (58), dakota_dj (57), 10walt (55), kiltbill (55), timsvalk (54), horsewriter (49), Benetampa (37)
Biltwell
DK Customs
Progressive Suspension
Lowbrow Customs

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Cosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony View Post
After pretty much all day sorting out wiring I came up against a problem, Whether it was me or a faulty unit I don't know, but the orange run light wire came off the circuit board on the left hand side.
Loony....are you talking about the HD orange/white wire? I don't have a 04' wiring schematic but I assume it is the same as 06'.

If so...that wire is utilized for international models only. So you could have cut that wire clean and not worried about it.

If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them!
Old 11th January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Loony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud of

no, on the back of the dogeye there is a red wire (brake) and orange wire (run), along with the bulb blank for turn signal and earth. The orange one had detached from its solder joint on the circuit board.

We in the UK have to have: red run light(on contstantly), red brake light(brighter) and orange turn signal.

I contacted radiazntz to see about exchanging it and they said they would send me out a new one! This is very good CS.

Although I have bodged the repair I will replace it with the new one when it arrives, dont really want to take any risks with signals. I will post the damaged one back to them. At least they could repair it and sell it on.

Loony

2004 XL1200 Roadster - TC88A Jester 5 (Thanks Rico) - EZ IMS - CVP Jet Needle - 48 pilot - 180 Main - K&N Airfilter - SEII Slipons.

[QUOTE][I][B]I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

Richard Feynman, Letter to Armando Garcia J, December 11, 1985
US educator & physicist (1918 - 1988)

Please take a look at this amazing task and worthy cause:

[B][U]Christian Nock Around Britain - Coastline Walk To highlight the plight of homelessness of ex-soldiers.[/U][/B]

[I][B][U]Tools needed for the Job[/U][/B][/I]

:gbflag 1 X Mk1 British Army Infantry Soldier, a Target and some time. :gbflag

[url]http://www.christianaroundbritain.co.uk/[/url]

[url]http://www.bmycharity.com/ChristianNock[/url]

[url]https://www.facebook.com/christian.britain.3?fref=ts[/url]
Old 12th January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Cosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, ok....that makes sense. Glad to hear you didn't have any issues getting an exchange!
Old 9th February 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
joker3300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I'd snap a pic of the difference between the stock setup and the Radiantz LEDs with smoked covers. They are very snug in the housing. I too can vouch for their customer service. One of my LEDs did not work properly and they sent a replacement out right away. Happy customer.

Old 9th February 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Loony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud of

Yea, I should have said I got my replacement dogeye in the post a few days ago, I have to say this is outstanding service and a lot of companys could learn from radiantz CS.

Very pleased all round and now my brother and father want to do the same thing.
Know Thy Hog

Old 26th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
nleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to allnleco is a name known to all

I have an 09 Iron 883 (XL883N). I replaced the rear bulbs with the Jam Strait ones. look neat. do you guys know if I'd need a load equalizer for the front bulbs? I was thinking of getting some amber ones, and they seem to accept the same 1157 bulb.

I just got my bike, a couple of months ago. and already began to customize it bits. Someone recommended this forum and so far it's the best I've seen.